icon

3 wire turn signal replacing 2 wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

What brand is the relay?  If it is a quality relay, and you are just running Blinker/tail lights through it, I highly doubt that you have a bad relay.  A bad relay would not allow enough current through, thus having a dim light.  A dim light produces no heat.

oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2010 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
If you are talking about a 3-wire flasher can etc, the 3rd wire has to go to its own dash bulb to indicate that it is indicating.
You should be able to leave it disconnected if you have left & right dash indicators tat are wired to the respective sides.
To connect the 3rd wire to another powered light means you may be injecting power into the can.
As to dual-filament bulbs, although headlight bulbs (like H4 etc) should not have both filaments on long-term, the smaller stop/tail or parker/indicators are ok - that is common on older vehicles. (EG - a 4/21W or 7/21W dual filament bulb.)
tracyk859 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
And even nicer - or rather, more satisfying - to have blacklisted and targeted another business URL.
(Sorry guys - I have noted the tendency to not bother responding to these jerks, but I felt that such a lovely greeting deserved a fairly warm response. I only wish I was building web pages so that these sites would be spammed by trawlers. You Spam us - we'll cause others to spam you. I like it!)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic