icon

03 accord pkall issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigblue06 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

I"m putting a 561T and a PKALL in an 03 accord and I can't get the module to program. I go through all the steps, it works fine until you insert the key and turn it to on(where the module is supposed to blink 10 times to show it's been programmed). the light just never comes on. I've triple checked all my wiring, it's all right. I'm using the black key with the keyless funtions built in. I even tried the valet key for the fun of it, no luck.  I"m starting to think it's the module. I've got a new module on order, should be here tomorrow.

Also, another odd occurence, something is causing the parking lights to blink like crazy when you flip the headlight switch to parking lights and I can here a relay clicking. Sounds like an alarm going off? (side note, i have the ground wire disconnected currently, so the owner doesn't accidently try to start the car and it ends up grinding away for hours). I'm confused. I followed the directechs to a T..Heck, it even had pictures. Haha

God, I hate remote start season. 03 accord pkall issues -- posted image.

zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
The reason for the parking light thing is that you didn't hook up the ground. ANd likely those are negative parking lights and the unit will try to ground from it. I've seen it happen MANY times. Make sure you have your rx and tx wires correct on the pkall. Are you using w2w or d2d? I've done like 5 accords around those years with pkall and all have worked flawlessly.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

if its not programming, make sure the wire from the pkall that says ignition, goes to ignition at the green transponder plug, and not your regular ignition. Then do what zereodivad said and check the tx, rx (data.synchro wires)

bigblue06 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  

I've got it hooked up exactly like the manual says.

Data(PURPLE / white wire) to RED / blue pin#2

ignition(pink) to BLACK / YELLOW pin#6

orange and brown goes into switch and light green goes into car inline on blue/orange pin#5

The only wires I dont have hooked up that they list are the Ground and 12v but they are n/c on the diagram and i"m running d2d.

Blue wire with a white stripe is going to orange off the RS. I've even tried setting it to ground while i program.

Maybe it's how I'm programming?

Hold button, plug in d2d wire. release button(light should be on at this point), press and release one time to enter programming, select type by pressing button the number that corresponds with vehicle(in this case 1), press and hold button, plug in main harness, plug in 3rd harness on back, put key in swtich to run, light should blink 10 times in order to varify programming(never happens)

I've got to have this done today or I'll prob end up digging ditches...again..Thanks ahead of time guys.

bigblue06 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

I just double checked the manual online. It doesnt' mention holding the button while pluggin in the main and third harness, only while pluggin in the d2d. i thought I tried that yesterday, but I'll try again. Any other ideas guys?

Sorry for cluttering up the board guys, I promise I'm not totally useless. Haha

bigblue06 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

alright guys, I got it. I skipped the D2D harness and just hardwired it. Then retryed it WITHOUT holding the button in while putting the harnesses in. TADA!!

Now, the only  issue I'm having is apparently the key fob/lock wont work while the car is running. I can't even press the lock button on the inside of the car. Any ideas?

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
zerep asked if you had it w2w or d2d. well im sure most of the installers here would always go w2w without a doubt. It more reliable,  but good to know you got it working. have a good one!
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
That car won't unlock with the factory key/fob while remote started. Did you hook up the disarm in the door as well?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
tedmond 
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

hondas when they are started, the factory fobs no longer work. i beleive in the 03, you could go to the passenger kick and break the yellow/black wire, and that would disable the factory alarm.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
bigblue06 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

I finally just gave up tryin to use the 4003.. I just unplugged it, plugged in the next model up that comes with the keyfobs and sent him on his way. (I love DEI for that reason alone)..

I despise them for their tech support number. *Insert middle fingers here*

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic