the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar alarm/starter not functioning

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
That would be pushing button 4 for 1/2 second. It will have the alarm send a signal of it's status.
Did you try replacing the batteries in the remotes as mentioned earlier? Also, try programming only one 2-way remote to the system. I know some systems can only have one 2-way remote programmed to it. I haven't tried multiples with the Compustar units yet.
If that doesn't work, I would contact the shop that installed it and see if they can figure it out. Compustar offers great tech support to their authorized dealers and should be able to tell them what's going on.
deecarp 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
I tried all the previous stuff, still no luck, it seems that I only have access to, 2 menu's but there are 4 according to the op500 program menu when I look on line so is there some way to update the programmer to access the other menus? i see other features I had listed but can not get to until the programmer allows it via an update of some sort.  I pm'd the rep here on the forum and I'm awaiting a response. anyone else have any ideas?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
only the 4xxx and newer have the programming menu 4. yours only has programming options 1 and 2.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
deecarp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
my horn output from the car was working along with the instrument flashing and now neither one of those features work to now include my remotes that use to receive information back. dam oh well.... thank Tedmond  for the info, I at least got the alarm working though. hey question for you, if I up graded the brain to a 4 or 5 is it plug and play or will I have to rewire everything? just curious, thanks again....
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
hey, the only similar connection is CN1 for the start, acc, ign wires. Everything has been redesigned into smaller, double stacked plugs to save space. But if you do purchase a 5xxx brain, all you have to do is look at your old unit, for that colour, and match it with the new modules wires. from what i know they are basically identicle colours, just differant connectors. it wont take as long as the first install since your tracing old wire, remove, and connect new wire. hope this helps
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a P2WSS Alarm/Starter in my friends car and his battery was dead recently due to a bad alternator. I tried to reprogram the remote and the remote would not respond. What I did is disconnect the antenna and it starter working again. It was a little odd or maybe because it was the defrost but the antenna was a little warm. A while back we installed a a P2W900 and the antenna did not give me two way confirmation. I disconnected the antenna and reconnected. Reprogrammed the remote and it worked. Try that and see if it helps, otherwise it may be the actual antenna. Same happened to a customer that came in with a 2-way remote and it was the antenna cable. Good Luck
deecarp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
well I didi all the above, and for what ever reason I have one remote that works intermittently with receiving and sending, and the other just sends. I'm thinking that it may be the annenna. I relocated it, reset the brain, unplugged the battery you name it. I think I've tried most of it. but all in all the alarm does work and so does the auto start, etc... so thank to everyone for helping me out on this one. great site with great people helping out I can't ask for more then that.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic