icon

g6 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chawkin1990 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I am installing a viper 571xv in a 2007 pontiac g6. I am using the pkugm2x. Any help would be great thanks!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Is this a question?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
why bother even posting a smart*** remark if you're not going to help?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Definitely wasn't a question that i saw.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
chawkin1990 wrote:
Ok I am installing a viper 571xv in a 2007 pontiac g6. I am using the pkugm2x. Any help would be great thanks!
OK, so I am a smart*** but no matter how many times I read this I still don't see your question. Considering this is your first post to the forum I MUST be the one at fault here. Welcome, and I hope all of your further "questions" and comments are as well thought out as these.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Except for a few connections at the ignition switch with PKU unit you can do all other connections on the right side of the console at the BCM. This allows you to finish ALL other connections to the Remote start.
thetopinstaller
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Joebubba, he wasn't trying to be mean, but we can help more if you have something in particular you need help with, such as finding a particular wire, or something from the install guide you don't understand.
I haven't used that module before, I usually just use a blank aftermarket key in a universal bypass box, only because it's less expensive.
The only tip I can think of for that particular car is that you can find almost everything you need in the driver's kick panel, in the harness running to the rear of the car---easy access and plenty of room to make your connections.
In that kick panel you can find: constant (big BLACK/ red I think), ground, brake lights, parking lights, horn, doorlocks. You can probably find a domelight wire there for your door trigger, but I've never tried.
The kick panel also has accessory and ignition wires, but they don't work for remote start---I've tried. Get your ignition and accessory at the ignition switch.
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
hey boys, peace it christmas, here we are friends no fights just misunderstandings. peace!
rocker
chawkin1990 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

I have a question im stumped on 2 wires on the pku unit the brown  ground output when running and the violet start wire where do these go?

chawkin1990 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

My question is what do i hook the brown ground when running wire and the violet start wire from the pku unit? thanks

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic