icon

viper 5902 completed 1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Yes! Elementary symptoms of tach issues! Zerep is correct that virtual tach works 50% of the times! If so much!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, definitely hook up the tach wire and program it to tach learn. The wiring diagram for the TSX says you can use the blue wire from the ECM/PCM. Not familiar with the TSX and the location of the ECM/PCM, but that probably means you don't have to transit the firewall:
TSX wiring info
I have the same basic set up (Clifford 50.7X, Canmax400dei, 2004 Acura TL manual trans) with the tach wire hooked up and it works perfectly. I highly recommend not using virtual tach (not available on a manual transmission install anyhow). One more thing: Are you sure you have the updated firmware? There was a timing issue causing start problems with the previous version (0.6).
I do have one question for you: How did you hook up the parking lights? Did you use the + or - wire? Does the 5902 have a fuse to set the lightflash polarity?
Thanks and good luck. I feel pretty certain switching to tack learn will fix your problem.
a068906 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
First of all, Merry Christmas. I will troubleshoot using all your suggestions once I get done plowing the driveway, and for you southerners, that means shoveling snow. One thing I can quickly mention is that I do have power to all my inputs(H3/2, H3/6, and H3/9) and my ignition harness connections are correct--first thing I had checked when the issue arose. And one other thing, I was trying to program the virtual tach last night and in the instructions it mentions to wait for the parking lights to come on after the car starts, then shut off the remote start using the remote. Well, my parking lights never came on, but the vehicle did start, but again, it dies shortly after. I know my parking lights work, at least when I arm and disarm, so i'm not sure what's up with that. Also, I measured the voltage on the ignition harness while starting normally and it only reaches a little over 10V before the engine starts. Does the 5902 need it to reach a certain voltage threshold (12V?) to acknowledge that the vehicle has started? Just wanted to mention that since I saw something like that in the reading somewhere.
a068906 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I have a feeling switching the to tach sense will correct this issue as well, I'm just trying to see how far I can get with this virtual tach before I go there. As for the firmware, I have the 1.00 version which took care of that timing issue. As for parking lights, I'm not using either the wire or the fuse jumper because I thought the canmax would take care of that. My parking lights do work when I arm and disarm.
a068906 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
I should mention that I used the 5901 manual for the install of my 5902. From what I research, they are practically identical.
Joe, how did you wire your parking lights?
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't yet. My original thinking was that I didn't want to advertise that my car was running unattended by having the parking lights come on when remote starting. The canmax will not turn on the parking lights, at least not for the TL.
Yes, the canmax will make the parking lights flash when arm/disarm, but not for the remote start. I believe you need to wire them for that.
And I purposely didn't do that because I wanted "stealth" when my car was running unattended. I'm now starting to change my mind and have been looking at the wiring diagram. It list + and - wires for parking lights. I assume you can hook the DEI up to either wire, depending on how you set the polarity fuse? That's why I was asking.
a068906 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Alright everyone. BIG THANKS! I went ahead and set it up to tach sense and it works flawlessly. Guess I can't complain about reliability while running tach, right. Joe, I like the idea of 'stealth' mode--I'll be running mine like that as well.
Much respect for those in the auto alarm install biz and you DIY'ers out there. Again, thank you all!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
And thank you and a merry holiday and here in England thank the lord I have a remote start this time of the year. A nice, toasty demisted car to step into! By the way it was us pros who pointed out the tach issue.
If you by-pass the canmax for the white light output, which I believe you can set for either pos or neg, you will have your remote start running lights, BUT I believe you can programme them off.
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Oh brother. Howie, I bow to you and all the pro's. You are more worthy than I.
He said, "All right everyone. BIG THANKS!".
His comment to me was about the parking lights. Get over yourself.
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
And had I been the first one to see his post, my amateur reply would have been to use tach sense. But I wouldn't have felt the need to tell everyone that I was the one who made the suggestion....
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic