icon

04 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skidookid114 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
So I am looking to put a system into this truck, which i have heard is a little difficult. Anyways, I have all of my stuff picked out, but what kind of things other than head unit, amp, subs, dashkit and antenna kit will i need? What is the easiest most inexpensive way to do a bypass on the stock amp? are there any other problems i need to know about before ordering my audio parts?
skidookid114 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, and this truck has the stock infinity system in it.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Tear the whole Mother F$$#N dash apart to get to the amp which is behind the glovebox. lol
Seriously though it is a giant pain to get to the infinity amp to bypass it. Lots of removal/screws and then the wires are very hard to get to.
Make sure you get a custom box for the back, otherwise there is like no room. Did a full system in the same year truck and it sounded amazing with a single 250W RMS sub in a sealed box. Amp under each seat.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
DId one of these like a year ago, and had to bypass the amp. We just ran wire into each door.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
skidookid114 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
is that the hard way to do it? because idk if i wanna spend that much time in it :/ I just want the easiest way for the least amount of money because i know only to an extent at what im doing.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Depends who you are really. To us that was the most effective way in the best interests of time. For you it may be easier/quicker to bypass the amp at the amp itself.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
skidookid114 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Well if i was to bypass the amp at the amp itself, how do you do that? because that sounds like the easiest way, just trying to think.
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
is this a quad cab or reg cab? i have an 03 reg cab and I just bypassed the amp by running new wire from the after market amp to the intended speaker locations ,why waste time ripping the over complicated dash apart.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
skidookid114 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, that is a good point, didnt realize that. Its a quad cab. do you have to have a special type amp for this? or is it something standard on all amps. Only reason i ask is because i want to make sure i get the right amp.
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
skidookid114 wrote:
yeah, that is a good point, didnt realize that. Its a quad cab. do you have to have a special type amp for this? or is it something standard on all amps. Only reason i ask is because i want to make sure i get the right amp.
No I dont have a special amp ,You do have a few moreoptions than me but Ill tell you my amp locations and how everytihng is wired up .First my amp that powers my front speakers is located under the pass side seat this provides the power to the speakers in my kick panels and in the doors.They are very simply wired .The amp is powered up like normal,and all wiring is ran directly to the speakers   very easy .Think simpler you sound like me over thinking things.just run rcas to your new amp and run wiring directly to those speakers that you want to power.simple!!!
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic