unlock/lock problem after alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
legenux 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I notice my car will unlock very weak when I press unlock from the driver door. This happened after I started to find the unlock / lock wires and test the wires by grounding them to verify when I installed my alarm. Battery is good. Lock seems to work better than unlock. If I keep pressing unlock repeatedly, it moves the locking mechanism back a bit more. Confused on what's the problem.
03 Nissan Murano
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Do all of the doors unlock very weak? What happens when you try to unlock from the passenger door?
legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
xtac1080 wrote:
Do all of the doors unlock very weak? What happens when you try to unlock from the passenger door?
Same. Lock works , unlock seems to be "lazy" on the remaining doors, when pressed from either driver or passenger. Maybe actuators all dying?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

Check the voltage from lock to unlock in both directions.

The Nissan system uses relays integrated in the BCM so it should be pretty easy to figure this out (ie there is no switch wiring to worry about, you only need to worry about the actuator wiring).

How did you connect door locks?  Have you tried disconnecting the door lock wires?  Did you do anything with any of the actuator wires?

Kevin Pierson
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
So how many wires did you randomly ground before you found the right wires?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
zerepdivad wrote:
So how many wires did you randomly ground before you found the right wires?
Found them on first try - I had directed emailed me the wires and location. Getting to it was painful - all the way inside the door.
el ranchero 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
check the doorlock module, i remember that some hondas and nissans had this problem it ended being the factory door lock module chck to see of the module some of them are inside the door panel see if its getting a good ground, this problem arose a lot and the dealerships blamed the alarms alot but it ended with the factory module replaced.
rocker
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Same. Lock works , unlock seems to be "lazy" on the remaining doors, when pressed from either driver or passenger. Maybe actuators all dying?[/QUOTE]
How are you activating these wires? Did you cut them or tap into? Sometimes when you pull apart the copper shield you also pull apart some of the copper, leaving less room for current to travel. Just a thought.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
It's nissan, so i'm assuming negative trigger,  possibilities, the unlock voltage signal is weak from the bcm or because of the less copper for current to travel through as stated above (doubtful of this theory in this instance but............)! Or the Actuators are "dying" ! (which i doubt)
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic