icon

05 mazda 6 with viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
army6192plt 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a viper 5901 in an 05 mazda 6 with a 5 speed trans. I have the system installed and the security system works correctly, however I am not able to get the remote start to work correctly. It appears as though I cannot get the keysense to diable the factory alarm, and I cannot bypass the clutch switch. The unit is set up in manual transmission mode. When testing the devices I find that the clutch switch closes to ground when the clutch is depressed and the keysense closes to positive when the key is placed in the ignition. I am using the pkall and according to the installation manual included the unit is programed correctly, however in remote start mode the only way the car will start is when the clutch is depressed and the key is in the ignition. Any assistance you may be able to offer would be appreciated.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Use the status output (aka GWR wire) to enable via diodes:-
a) a relay to ground the clutch output wire so it thinks the clutch is depressed.
b) Another relay to send 12v+ to the keysense wire. Are you sure this is pos?
army6192plt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
i tried that with the clutch switch output and it did not work I am wondering if they put some sort of resistor or something in the switch assy itself so it can't be bypassed with just a jumper. I am sure the keysense wire is pos. I also tried using that wire though a diode as well as to drive a relay and nither worked.
joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
I assume the clutch switch sends a ground to a starter cutout relay coil to close the relay when the clutch is pushed in? This is the way my Acura TL clutch works. If so, then this should solve your clutch wire problem:
Wire pin 3 (violet wire, 200mA negative starter output) of the 5-pin remote start aux output harness to the wire going from the clutch switch to the starter cutout relay coil.
This causes the 5901 to send a ground signal to close the relay whenever the remote start sequence is activated. It simulates the clutch being depressed so that the starter cutout relay energizes the starter circuit.
Not sure about the key sense problem. I'm using the canmax400dei and have no bypass/keysense issues.
army6192plt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
tried that and it did not work however i did a little more research through the witing diagrams. There are two clutch switches in this car apparrently. I am currently connected to the one to the pcm, however there is a second (starter interlock switch) that I did not see up under the dash in the starting circuit of the wiring diagrams
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, sorry about that. Most newer MT cars have two switches connected to the clutch: a starter cutout relay switch and a PCM switch that sends a signal to the PCM to disengage cruise control ( and a few other things) when the clutch is pressed.
Obviously, you want the other switch/circuit, not the PCM switch/circuit. Be sure you test it to confirm it's a negative signal. If not, just use a relay to reverse the polarity. Again, I'm assuming this lead is connected to a starter cutout relay.
Also, have you programmed the PKALL more that twice or was it used on another vehicle before this one. If so, from what I understand it is no longer usable.
Do you have the latest firmware?
army6192plt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

the starter interlock switch is a positive signal. I was planning on using a relay on the switch from the get go as this signal usually engages the starter solenoid. I however was unable to get the output to drive a relay. I was using the blue (status) wire on the 5 pin aux output harness as it describes in the manual for keysense connected to one side of the coil and 12v constant connected to the opposide side of the coil. Should I be using the violet wire?

army6192plt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
also, the pkall was just bought on sunday from a reputable dealer, so i am ASSUMING that it has the most up to date firmware. I have only programed it for this vehicle and only once
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmm. Not sure about the timing or duration of signal for the blue wire. It may be a pulse only signal.
I'd use the violet wire as it's designed for starter circuits that need to be energized before engaging the starter.
army6192plt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

this is the description of the circuit for the blue wire

This wire supplies an output as soon as the module begins the remote start process.

It can be used to activate a bypass module or power the key sense wire

in most vehicles to disarm the factory alarm without unlocking.

Note: Check vehicle information to verify if a bypass module is needed or if the

key sense wire is needed.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic