the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

rookie remote starter on 2005 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Howie! well i dont think your the grumpy old man, i just see you as the man thats VERY knowledgeable in everything. Trust me, i have read posts and when you reply its just to the point, and their problem ends up gettting resolved.

I was going to ask, in the UK, do they have special license requirements in order for you to install alarms/rs? I ask because in Ontario, Canada, MECP means NOTHING to a shop. They only care if you have an Automotive Electric Accessory Technicial (AEAT aka 310K license). Since UK has multiple CAT type systems, do they require more licensing/training?

again to the OP, sorry for running on in your post.As Jworm mentioned, the PKH3 is fairly inexpensive, but like i said, EVERYONE has their own opinions. Your best bet is to check ebay then call local shops.If your paying 50 bucks its alot more that what installers would pay, but then again you do need one.

i use fortin so heres a installation guide to their stuff. pretty simple and fool proof. this is for the 05 civic specifically.

https://ifar.ca/download/1341/honda-sl3_honda_civic_%282001-2005%29.rev-a.pdf
as mentioned, your best bet is to call and shop around to see who offers what for the cheaper cost. To be honest, i dont even think shops in the states carry Fortin stuff, as it costs more for them to buy(made in canada) so shipping adds up etc. I haev a feeling the idatalink or bypasskits would be alot cheaper. (this is just assumptions)

and of course im always willing to help. I was once a rookie (maybe i still amrookie remote starter on 2005 civic - Page 2 -- posted image.) but life is a learning curve so might as well share the knowledge. Cheers!

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
nomaxtech 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

Seriously, thanks to everybody. You all have been very helpful. Every little bit of information one way or another was greatly appreciated. I ended up getting a PKALL module because it was the only one I could find locally. I would have bought online but I was excited to get to it right away. It retailed for $50, a bit much I suppose. Whatever, this is a learning experience and that's invaluable.

At any rate, I have everything connected EXCEPT the (-) While Running wire. There is no extra information in any of the manuals. I looked around online and found contradicting articles. One of them said to connect this wire to something on the remote starter itself. I assumed it could be the (-) Status Output. The only issue with that is that I read in a different article that the Status Output is active immediately and I wasn't sure if that meant before the car was up and running or not.

My question here is...what do I connect the (-) While Running wire to?

Again, thanks in advance.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
connect the (-) while running from the PKALL to the (-) status output of the remote start unit. Hope this helps.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
nomaxtech 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Success! Thank you so much! Now I'm a pro! rookie remote starter on 2005 civic - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic