icon

python 991 wiring harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2010 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Thought so! python 991 wiring harness - Page 2 -- posted image.

Glad to help! Any more problems feel free to ask!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
snidd111 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2010 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
a last question about the ignition. the old alarm i took out was an audiovox
wiring diagram
The yellow line that runs to the ignition..can that be used from the old harness for the new ignition 1? i've got the orange one working as the 500mA ground when armed output as it did with the old alarm
snidd111 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2010 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
the audiovox guide specifies that this wire is connected to a source that is hot when the key is in the on and in the crank positions. the source must be off when the key is in the off position.
from the sound of it seems possible that it wasn't connected to the ignition wire
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
You don't need that GWA wire, the heavy gauge harness has the starter interrupt built in! That yellow wire currently connected to the ignition wire on the vehicle would be of a gauge significantly smaller than that of the pink wire you have to connect at present! So no don't connect that pink wire to the yellow, connect directly to the haevy gauge wire!
snidd111 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
got it. still need to think twice when you and this installation guide refer to heavy gauge. when it comes to car audio...i've had to help with 0/1 AWG. i could palm that wire.
snidd111 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
i've got a hold of my ignition harness and can identify the wires i need. the issues is that it's high up behind my dash, not just plastic, but also a metal frame plate. this makes it extremely difficult to approach. is there another way that you know? i'm also noticing wire taps. would this be an ok approach? (it'd prob save me 30+ min trying to reach up there and work with the wires)
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

No wire taps! Period! Why not remove the steering column panel and detach the entire harness from the back of the ignition switch, this would make it easier to work with the wiires!

snidd111 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
i detached the harness while i was underneath the column. the problem is maneuvering my hands. i can only get one hand up there really at a time. they strapped it in with a lot of other cabling and left only about 3 inches exposed. i'm going to have to look into removing the dash paneling maybe tomorrow if the weather is alright and see if i can get at it from above. all this help has been enormously appreciated by the way!!! it's rare you find a community with people willing to help with a good attitude.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic