icon

need 2010 ford focus remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turbobuick1 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, alright, one more thing to deal with. I believe I'm having a security system related issue, and I have an idea what it is. You should know I have the Compustar RF-1BAM-900SH remote fobs, which are just single button fobs.

Anyway, I see on one of the option tables (Group 4), The 11th Feature is "Bypass through RS232 Port". The default setting is "ADS", and an optional setting is "Fortin". I want to set it to Fortin because that is the bypass module I have. And I believe this is why the factory security light is flashing when the remote starter attempts to start the car.

My question is: How do I program options using a one-button fob? The manual that came with the Compustar 6200S Remote Start Controller gives you directions for fobs with multiple buttons but none for my fob. And the manual that came with the remote fobs makes no mention of how to program options.

Does anybody have any idea of how to do this?

Thanks guys!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

you will only have to set it to fortin if you use the 4pin D2D connection. If you have everything else wired as wire to wire w2w, no need to go into programming to change the setting.

if you really want to run d2d, which i wouldnt On the unit, if it says RS232 unlocked, then you can change it to fortin in the programming. if not, you need a compustar op500 programmer.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
turbobuick1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

Ah, so I don't need to install the 4pin wiring harness between the bypass module and remote start? Well, I will uninstall that small harness and if that isn't the reason for the factory security light flashing, I will try to reprogram the Key-Override-SL2...

I'll post what I find out in a bit...

turbobuick1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

Okay well I beat the security light issue by running through the Fortin Key-Override-SL2 programming procedure. I did not bother to remove the 4 pin data link harness between the fortin bypass module and the Compustar remote starter, because it didn't seem to be hurting anything. And now the remote start works great! Except now, both of the car keys do not work! The vehicle can only be started with the remote starter fob. The security doesn't flash at all, in fact, when you turn the key in the ignition to crank the starter, nothing happens at all! What gives? And the funny thing is, the keys and the fobs worked earlier today! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

turbobuick1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody have any thoughts?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

It is possible that your car won't start with a key because the Fortin bypass is on and the car is seeing two keys at the same time.  I would go completely to W2W mode.  Remove the 4 pin datalink harness and just run +12volts and ground to the harness as per the instructions. 

Compustars come factory defaulted for IDatalink module communication and you have to program them over to Fortin mode.  If you have an extra 4 button remote you could program it to your CM5000 temporalily and use it to change options...

Soldering is fun!
turbobuick1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
This makes sense, thanks for the tip! I will try removing the 4 pin data harness and routing it to power and ground...
cmjdjm1 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have a quick question about this....it says the Alarm Disarm - OEM REMOTE ONLY, SEE TECH TIP......what exactly is the Tech Tip? 
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2010 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  

on the newer subarus and evos, there is no way to disarm the alarm by sending a pulse to a specific wire on the car.

This is probably similar to those 2 vehicles where the only ways to disarm the oem alarm is

1) buy a data module

2) transponder + ignition + keysense powered on at the same time will disarm the system.  - this would prob be your tech tip

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
cmjdjm1 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome. Thanks for the info.  I didnt want to tear into the car and find out I needed something else.  Always good to know beforehand.  Thanks again!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic