icon

clifford 50.7 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure it doesn't have a PATS system. Its possible, but I get conflicting information from Audiovox and Bypass kits. Either way you don't have the starter wired correctly anyways. Did you test your IGN 1, IGN 2, IGN 3/acc, and starter wires? Did you connect ALL of the red wires to high current 12 volt source such as a 12 Gauge or higher wire in the ignition wires or a wire directly to the battery or fuse box? IGN 1 will test positive with the key in run and during crank. IGN 2 will test positive during run and OFF during crank. IGN 3 Will test positive during run and OFF during crank, it may also test positive in the ACC position. Accessory wire will test positive during run/or ACC position and OFF during crank. Also you want to connect the wait to start wire this is the best way to do it. Also as posted above CONNECT THE TACH WIRE its to easy to just forget to and more of a headache if you don't. If the vehicle starts with the key in the run position then at least your start wire is working ok. check your Ignition wires and make sure they are connected securely and to the proper wires.
maddy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

OK thanks for the info, I will go back through those wires as soon as I get a chance.  Wife duties today!

thanks

maddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

Got it!! 

Thanks for your help Chad, everything works as it is suppose to now.

maddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, I will be installing another Clifford 50.7 on my wifes 2001 Excursion (diesel), soon and I understand it has the PATS system on it.  What do I need to bypass this thing?  It does have a chip key, and I only have one!  I've read where you can bypass it but you need two keys, if that is the case what is the best  (cheapest) way to aquire another key, without going to Ford.  I've been meaning to get one anyway.

By the way Chad I had the main power to the start relay coming off of the ACC wire!  DUUHH :)

The wife is jealous now and wants to know when I'm gonna put her alarm/RS on, awsome range on that thing, had my truck in my shop and RS'ed it from over a half mile.  Sweet!

sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
You want to get the Xpresskit XK04 You can get it from Amazon it takes about a week to get unless you pay for faster shipping. IF you have a shop where you bought the Clifford get one from them. Now for the bad news. If you only have 1 key for the ford THERE IS NO KNOWN WAY to program with only one key. At least I haven't found one and I have been looking for awhile. They only way around it is to go to a ford dealer and pay 200+ dollars to get a new ign cylinder installed and reprogrammed. If you had a remote start in there already we could either use a the key in the bypass or trigger the bypass to fool the computer but since there is no unit in the excursion your stuck.
Edit: No they key from your truck won't work, and if you get a cylinder from a junk yard with 2 keys you still need a dealer to program it to the computer of the excursion
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

You are very lucky with a 2001 ford excursion b/c you can program a spare key or a pats bypass module with just one good working key.

see here & here

maddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

http://cgi./ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360217286084

Thanks for the info. is this what I need and is this a good price?  Sounds like from reading on the link that this thing takes the chip key completely out of service?  That I can have another key (without a chip) cut and it will work fine?  If I install this thing do I still need the Xpresskit XK04 or does this unit cover what that module does also?

Also what do you guys think about these add ons?

http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essentials-508D-Disturbance-Sensor/product-reviews/B0009VFOME/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

After I got the Clifford working on my truck while testing I could beat the hell out of my door and not set the alarm off.  I had to go to work and didn't get to do any adjusting on it but i thought about the add on sensors also.

Thanks for the info

sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Your ebay link doesn't work. As for your alarm try turning the shock sensor up. Its electronic so you can adjust it through the remote (read your manual its in there). If its still not sensitive enough try a different mounting position for the alarm brain (this is where the shock sensor is located). If after re-locating the alarm you still don't have the sensitivity you wan't I would recommend you NOT getting a radar sensor and get another shock sensor , Air disturbance sensor an such as the 509U or a glass break sensor. I warn you on the radar sensor while they are prety cool they are VERY difficult to set up properly and cause lots of false alarms. A properly set shock sensor and air disturbance sensor are much more effective.
Also the bypass I mentioned above is D2D compatible with the clifford alarm and it does not require you to purchase another key to leave in the unit. It also does not use a an antenna to transmit the signal to the cars computer it is hard wired into the PATS system ensuring it works properly. This brings me to my next point be sure to properly connect the bypass to the Transmit and Receive wires at the ingition cylinder and SOLDER them do NOT use ANY tap style connectors. Also when your wiring the bypass module be sure to connect the Ignition 1 wire of the bypass to the IGN 1 wire of the starter. If you don't it wont program.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic