icon

Smartstart Activation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayneo74 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed mine and need some help activating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you can help.
Jay
fjava 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2010 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed Directed SmartStart and need some help activating................ help would be appreciated.
blkrhyno 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
I just ordered mine also and will need help with the activation
Protect what's yours.
benetton73 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
I really need some help getting my smart start activated, please help
mike.jama 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone please help activate my startsmart please sure would app it
Mj
mkopp7 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2011 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm a retired installer who just installed a Viper smartstart in my 1966 El Camino. I bought it from my uncle who has owned the past 25 years. Could someone help me activate it? Thanks!
scorp702 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, can someone help me out with a SmartStart activation?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
This is an opinion statement...it doesn't help those looking for assistance in activating their Smart Start units so please take it as just a word of advice.
The vendor that sold the SmartStart unit should be the one activating it for you. You shouldn't have to come on the internet and ask for someone to help activate a product they didn't provide. Help installing a product is completely different than activation of a product. The vendor that sold it made the profit on it, they should complete the sale by activating the unit they sold. It truly bothers me that vendors will sell product that they are not supposed to sell over the counter and not give the customer the support they need. Especially a product like SmartStart that does not function without activation. If the vendor isn't willing to activate the unit after you install it, are they going to stand behind it if the unit is defective? What happens two weeks from install if it acts up? If the vendor doesn't offer activation and after sale support with purchase...don't buy from that vendor.
Again, this is just an opinion.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

An excellent opinion indeed.  I like it.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
scorp702 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
I completely agree if you buy a unit from an authorized dealer they "should" activate the module for you even if they do not do the actual install. Problem is now a days you can find these modules on Ebay, Amazon and/or Craigslist which is where I bought mine.
Were all trying to save as much as we can these days so I don't see what the big deal is. I called a few Viper dealers here in Vegas and their quoting me some outrageous $$$ amount just to register a serial # online which should only take 5-10 minutes tops. That's just crazy. Directed needs to change that policy and let consumers register their "own" units.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic