icon

Viper 5701 Remote Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
viper92086 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
So i need some help figuring out what went wrong with my viper 5701. I had everything installed and working except for the 2 way remote. It seems as though it would send the command to the alarm such as lock or unlock but then the remote would give me the error buzzer even tho the car did the appropriate function. So i did some googling and found that this has happened to someone in the past and what he did was delete all the remotes then readd them to the system again. Now heres the problem, i was able to delete the remotes but now i cant readd them.
The correct procedure in the manual is turn key to on, then pres the program button once and then once again this time holding it depressed. While this is depressed i'm supposed to hit the lock button on the remotes and the alarm is supposed to learn them which it isnt now. any ideas?   i've never had these problems in any other dei alarms i've done.   thanks
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
When you perform the procedure what happens?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
viper92086 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

when i get to the part that says press the unlock button on the remote and wait for a confirmation chip.  I dont get this chirp.  Keep in mind i am holding the program button as i am pressing the unlock button on the remote like the directions say.

I did some more googling and apparently there was a recall on the 5701.. something to do with communication problems?   could anyone clarify this?  It sucks because i contacted DEI and they wont help me out sinec im not a dealer.   I used to be a roadshop installer before circuitcity went out of business, but the person i spoke with still couldnt help me.

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
prior to telling you to turn the ignition on, press the valet button, etc in the manual; there's a paragraph that tells you how to put the remote into "pairing" mode. basically you have to put the remote in the pairing mode first, then do what you were doing to program the remote to the car/alarm
viper92086 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
awesome, i guess i kept reading over this part.   i am still having the 2 way remote issue tho. For instance i'll hit the lock button on the remote and then the car will lock, but i will get a error buzzer from the remote.
I found this in my google search about it. can anyone clarify this fix?
"Directed will be shipping out new brians in the next few months with a firmware update that resolves this issue completely. Depending on where it was purchased, I would believe most retailers will do a swap for you when those are shipped and become available. In the meantime there is a fix. Place a 10,000 ohm resistor in series with the blue wire on the antenna lead as close to the brain as possible. Hope this helps! "
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
all you had to do was pull the fuse for the brain for about 10 seconds... this clears the memory and corrects the problem... had to do it a  dozen times or so now for different customers....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
viper92086 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
tried it already. i disconnected the complete unit for about an hour
darksidecelica 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

Is the door open?  and the door trigger wire hooked  up properly? I recall trying to program a remote but the door pin was bad so I couldnt get it to program at all

gglover002 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

I had the same problem.  See my posting.  Were you guys able to resolve the issue?  This is so frustrating!

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~119707~get~last#585712

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

i have been selling the 5701 and 5301 since they came out and have never had to replace a brain or antenna or 2-way remote (had one 1-way remote conk out)

the main problems i run across are:

1) out of range notification even though doors lock or car starts. 

I always just pull the 15 amp fuse on the secondary harness for about 20 seconds and that clears the circuits and reboots the brain. So far has worked every time for me....

2) no response at all from system with either the 1-way or the 2-way remote. (usually NOT both remotes)

Check the number of flashes on the amber led that flashes when any button is pressed. Default is 1 flash (Car 1)...if it flashes twice the remote has been accidentally programmed or switched to Car 2.  I can't count how many times i've had customers come back in and they have somehow programmed the remote to Car 2.

3) no response at all from system with either the 1-way or the 2-way remote.or error tone

Customer has accidentally put the Keypad Lock feature on....  just like the above scenario you have to program Keypad Lock off for the customer....

Maybe i have just been extremely lucky but of of the 200+ of these units i've sold this is all i've had to deal with....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic