icon

python 880 xp programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bgraper 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

I am helping a friend with a birthday present for his wife....a new transmisster for his secuirty/remote start system.

I purchased a new transmitter for him and on the back are the programming instructions. It tells me to open the door, turn the key to on, push the valet button once release then hold (to enter programming for channel 1, which is the auto default programming), but it doesn't tell me what to press.

Which button on the remote do I press to initiate the auto program to default settings?

Also, I hit unlock during this process, now the unlock button toggles the system between arm and disarm. The lock button does NOTHING, the AUX button does NOTHING and the panic button does NOTHING.

How do I proceed? Can I delete this transmitter from the remote start? What are my next steps?

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Repeat the learn process and when you hear the chirp press the lock button! no need to erase it wil go to the auto learn config. when you do this!
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
bgraper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Well I gave that a try...first off, I have trouble even entering programming mode. It seems to not like the way I'm doing it for some reason.

When I do get in, the alarm chirps, the LED flashes once...I hit the lock button, it chirps. I let go of the valet button and remove the key (chirps again to confirm that you are leaving programming mode).

At this point the arm/disarm function is on the lock key. No other button does anything. The lock button toggles between arm and disarm. The remote start doesn't work.

I thought channel 1 auto-programmed to the default settings? Am I missing or forgetting to do something?

bgraper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

Figured it out.

Apparently, the 880XP does not use channel 1 for auto configuration; it uses channel 7.

Anyone with a similar problem should tap the valet button 7 times, then hold it, push lock on the remote to program it, release the valet button and remove the key from the ignition.

This will program the remote to the alarm/starter system using the standard button configuration/functions.

Worked perfectly after I did this.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic