2005 BMW 325i And Viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfarrell817 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Correct! But use don't use the Viper's acc output, use the IGN 2 output from the Viper to the Violet ACC on on the car, otherwise it won't start, it's the way the car's ignition switch is wired, where the ACC stays live on crank (applies to all BMWs) and aids in starting the car.
Also I just noticed you said use don't use. Which one haha?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
That is actually funny you mention that. A friend of mine was helping me install an remote start in a 3 series and the car would not start. I think there were 2 purple wires. He made the mistake of having set one as acc when it really needed ignition and the car would not turn on. I initially thought it the bypass but it was exactly what howie mentioned.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
So on the Viper wire harness is this what it should look like?
Pink (+) Ignition 1 Input/Output - Green
Orange (+) Accessory Output - N/A
Pink (-) 200mA Ignition 1 Output - Violet
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Is it worth answering you? I've TWICE ALREADY told you to ONLY use the grey Valet key, you will have all sorts of problems using the regular key, also I already said ONLY a 556UW If you use pink - 200mA output you will cook your Viper! How is a 200mA line supposed to power a circuit drawing at least 20amps? Please refer AGAIN to your instructions and programming, especially where on how to obtain 2nd ignition. Since this product hasn't yet appeared in Europe, and it won't until they sort out the remote issues, perhaps Enice who has vast experience with these units can explain because since you either don't listen OR aren't competent enough to install this yourself, I'm losing it with you.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
The reason I have been having all these questions is because I bought this from ebay and the installation directions were not included for some reason. All I have is the Quick Reference Install Guide and Owners manual.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I found the installation directions on line.
Pink (+) Ignition 1 Input/Output - Green
Orange (+) Accessory Output - N/A
Pink/White (+) Ignition 2 Flex Relay Output - Violet
Reason i didnt get this earlier is because the quick reference guide only said Flex Relay Output.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
OK, don't do ANYTHING now. Wait until you've started, then TEST the functions of all the car wiring before you do anything.
You are over analysing, this causes anxiety and failure. I've learned over the years to stop worrying and just get on with the job.
Addenda:
a) I might be wrong about the brake wire, check for a wire that gives you 12v+ when ignition is on and brake pedal is depressed, it's data on European cars but according to Directwire AND Bulldog*, I might be wrong.
b) There is a BLACK/ white on the Viper that has to sense ground before it enables the R/S. On a manual this is the parking brake wire, dissemble top of centre console and gearshift surround, this will enable access to base of parking brake. On an auto it's the reverse light wire, blue/brown I THINK. TEST.
*Bulldog has free to the public very good wiring info on this car, just go to their website.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Well before I even start the install ill take a couple hours, dissemble the glove box and look over all the wiring. Make sure the diagrams I have been looking at are correct.
a) The brake wire color is Blue/Red according to a couple different wiring diagrams. I'm going to double check it like you said to also.
b) Do I have to use this BLACK/ white wire?
There are two trunk wires; RED / white Aux/Trunk Output and a Blue Trunk Pin/Instant Trigger Input (N/C or N/O). I am assuming that I use the RED / white wire to release the trunk hatch. But what exactly is the Blue Trunk Pin/Instant Trigger Input for? The manual doesn't give a good explanation.
There is also two wires just like the trunk ones but these ones are for the Door Trigger Inputs. One Violet POS and a Green NEG N/C or N/O. Which one do I use?
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2010 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
The black white has to be grounded! On a manual this goes to the parking brake. When pulled up, it's switched to ground. On an auto I go to the reverse light, more of an anti theft precaution than anything else since again, the reverse light sits on ground, enabling the remote start. If a naughty gets into your car and tries to drive away, pulling shifter from park to drive will enable reverse shutting down the R/S. If you have an auto, just ground it. DEI recommend a switch on it to disable it when the vehicle goes into service but that's up to you.
RED / white goes to a relay to enable the trunk release.
Bluegoes to the WHITE/ brown wire which is the trunk trigger.
Violet pos. to RED / blue at the puddle lamp ignore the green and dome supervision isn't required.
NOTE my earlier comments, I've already told you all of this.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2010 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Just going to show you everything I have for the connections. Just make sure if its right if you can.
Main Harness
RED / white 200mA Aux/Trunk Output - Grey/Brown
Red 12v - RED / Blue (12v)
Brown Siren Output - Red siren (ground black)
WHITE/ Brown Parking Light Isolated Wire - N/A
Black Ground - Ground
Violet Door Trigger Point - RED / Blue
Blue Trunk Pin/Instant Trigger Input - WHITE/ Brown
Green Door Trigger Input - N/A
BLACK/ White Dome Light - N/A
WHITE/ Blue r/s /Turbo Timer - N/A
White Parking Light Output - (L) Grey/Purp (R) Grey/Yel
Remote Start Heavy Harness
Pink Ignition 1 In/Out - Green
RED / White - RED / Blue (12v)
Orange Accessory Output - N/A