Posted: January 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

First, this is the vehicle the system will be installed into:

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

I am about to purchase a compustar system.  It will be the following:

Compustar RF-P2WSS transmitter and antenna

Compustar 5200S brain

Idatalink Blade-AL for CanBus systems

IdataLink Weblink Updater to program the Blade

I am a bit confused about the wiring side of the 5200S and whether i need extra relays for the door locks, ignition,etc....or will it all wire directly out of the box with nothing else other than what I have listed?  I have installed a couple of these before but it was back in the late 90's when there were no bypass modules or anything like that.  Is it as simple as inserting the blade and wiring up the 12+, ground, ignition(s), starter, brake, parking lights, and door locks?   Thanks for the help.

Jimmie

ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
You will not need any extra relays. The blade al can control your door lock OEM arm and disarm, also your ImmobIlizer. What I would use from the brain would be ur break shut down door trigger wire parking lights 12 volt, acc, both ignition, and starter.
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
You will not need any extra relays. The blade al can control your door lock OEM arm and disarm, also your ImmobIlizer. What I would use from the brain would be ur break shut down door trigger wire parking lights 12 volt, acc, both ignition, and starter.
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Pretty sure you wont need anything else. The Compustar has built in relays for parking lts. ign. and acc. as well as an external anti grind starter relay. As far as door locks, tach, and bypass, the blade will take care of them with one data connection. When you update the blade you can print detailed instructions for location of the data wire and features it controls.
gable74 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

jeffwhiteman wrote:
Pretty sure you wont need anything else. The Compustar has built in relays for parking lts. ign. and acc. as well as an external anti grind starter relay. As far as door locks, tach, and bypass, the blade will take care of them with one data connection. When you update the blade you can print detailed instructions for location of the data wire and features it controls.

Thanks guys.......

Do i need to use the anti grind relay if the vehicle already has an anti grind built in?  I am pretty sure my truck will not allow the starter to engage if its already running.

So i can select what features I want to enable when programming the blade?  Does anyone have a list of features that are able to be programmed?

So wow.......this will be a pretty easy install if I understand everyone correctly.  12+, ground, starter, ignition(s), brake, parking lights, and class II data wire are all i need to connect to get this operational.   Any recommendations as far as splicing parts is concerned?  Does anyone make a T-harness for this vehicle?

metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
compustar into silverado -- posted image.
gable74 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Okay thanks.  Sounds like it should be pretty straight forward.  If anyone has any tips or tricks please let me know.  Any suggestions on connectors to use or if a T harness is available?
gable74 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Just noticed my truck has a 2nd accessory (+) wire in the ignition harness......do i need to connect this? There is an external relay on the 5200S that provides a second ignition wire via a (-) trigger from connector #3.  However if I use this I do not have a way generate a second (+) accessory wire.  Do I need to wire up another relay or is there a trick or something I am missing.  Do i even need to use the second accessory wire?
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
you dont need brown acc wire for remote start
GreenGables
gable74 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  

gabedemelo wrote:
you dont need brown acc wire for remote start

Thanks.

Last thing....will the data wire control the parking lights or do i need to hook them up manually?

Thanks,

Jimmie

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic