icon

4000rms/16,000 peak t3? fake or real

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xsdbs 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
just curious, what is the curved panel in that box for? is it part of the port design? I have seen this before but and asked about it but got a BS answer. Thanks
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
It just a flared port using kurf bending. Simply smooths out the airflow for less port turbulence resulting in better output and sound.
4000rms/16,000 peak t3? fake or real - Page 2 -- posted image.
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
that is Nucking Futs that sub is HUGE. Im going to be happy if I hit 145db with my lethal injections. I am currently building the box for them and waiting to get the subs in. Hopefully going to have them in 2 weeks or so, I just got set back with some other things. Ill post some pictures when I get the interior done on the car. here is what the outside looks like now. and everything was done by me except for the paint, i did all the body work and everything. the interior use to look nice. haha not so much anymore. its all torn apart on the inside and I am redoing it. hopefully should be done in like 2 or 3 weeks.4000rms/16,000 peak t3? fake or real - Page 2 -- posted image.
bp
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
If you need some help with enclosure design just let me know. Hope those extra body mods are done right and you deaden the car good to lessen flex. I would hate to see you redoing them.
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
yeah at first the were not done right, i tried to take the cheap way out, but it wasn't worth it. no bondo is on the car to hold it together, all evercoat tiger-hair and the good stuff haha. but they are now on good. i started by riveting them on, then i used tiger-hair to put it on, then v-grooved it, packed in about 5 coats for fg mat then used filler over that. and its on there pretty darn good, but i didn't use much dynamat at first, so now that i'm re-doing the interior, I am going to get another pack of dynamat and redo the hatch area and the floor and roof. I should be good after that. and I got box specs from Nick over at Incriminator Audio, so they should be pretty legit. Also, I do need some help on a box I am going to build. They are for 2 12" Lanzar MAX12D subs. Right now I have them in a prefab box because I had it laying around as an extra box and its a sealed box at 1.25cu.ft. per chamber, and its a dual chamber box. It hits pretty damn good in all honesty, I definitely was not expecting it to sound as good as it does. But I want to make it hit to its full potential, what size box would be good for these subs?
bp
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic