icon

viper 5901 accessories

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
punizzle 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
First let me apologize if this has been answered already. I have searched the board of a couple hours and haven't found a solution.
My first question is regarding the 508d. I have the 4 pin end that connects to the sensor and the other end of the wires are bare. I understand the 5901 has a 4-pin port dedicated to extra sensors and accessories.
How can I fabricate (or locate) something that will allow me to directly plug into the port? Can I cut a 4-pin connector off somewhere else.
I tried to hardwire it into the system but connecting 12v, ground when armed, and connecting both trigger wires (blue and green) to the instant trigger/trunk wire on the brain. The problems with this are that :
a)The trunk light comes on when someone is in proximity.
b) Both warn-away and full trigger zones trigger the full alarm.
Quite annoying.
Finally a bit off topic but how would I go about setting up a driver priority unlock. Where one hit of the unlock button unlocks just the driver door and to unlock the rest of the doors you have to hit it twice. Right now everything is wired up to factory locking mechanism. Do I need an external module or anything for this?
The car is a Nissan 240sx by the way.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
what year is the vehicle?
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Didn't the alarm come with the plug? If you had it installed at a shop go there and ask them if they have a plug for it.
punizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
monty_77 wrote:
what year is the vehicle?
'97
sneakycyber wrote:
Didn't the alarm come with the plug? If you had it installed at a shop go there and ask them if they have a plug for it.
I don't think so. Should it have been in the box?
Also, do you have any information on the priority unlock?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
All new 508ds come with the plug, by the same token any DEI dealership should have some spare plugs, I often end up extending them because quite frankly the leads aren't long enough if you're going for a roof mounting and a centre console mounted alarm.
Second point, priority unlock...you will need to identify the lock motor wires for both sides, probably in the kickwells and you will need three relays and 3 1N4004 diodes!
Relay 1:-
2nd lock wire from Viper to 85
12V+ constant to 86 and 87
Car side passenger door unlock MOTOR wire to 87a
Door side passenger door unlock MOTOR wire to 30
Relay 2:-
Blue/Black from Viper to 85
Car side driver's door unlock MOTOR wire 87a
Door side driver's door unlock MOTOR wire to 30
Relay 3:-
GREEN/ black from Viper to 85
Car side BOTH lock MOTOR wires to 87a
Door side BOTH lock MOTOR wires to 30
Diodes across all 3 coil contacts, 85 and 86 with the diode bands towards 86, single fuse for all, 15amps.
You might be able to pick up all six motor wires at the door locking module, depending on the manufacturer's cable distribution, if not the use the one lock wire at the door locking module for one relay, the other 2 relays go to the relevant kickpanels.
punizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
All new 508ds come with the plug, by the same token any DEI dealership should have some spare plugs, I often end up extending them because quite frankly the leads aren't long enough if you're going for a roof mounting and a centre console mounted alarm.
Second point, priority unlock...you will need to identify the lock motor wires for both sides, probably in the kickwells and you will need three relays and 3 1N4004 diodes!
Relay 1:-
2nd lock wire from Viper to 85
Car side passenger door unlock MOTOR wire to 87a
Door side passenger door unlock MOTOR wire to 30
Relay 2:-
Blue/Black from Viper to 85
Car side driver's door unlock MOTOR wire 87a
Door side driver's door unlock MOTOR wire to 30
Relay 3:-
GREEN/ black from Viper to 85
Car side BOTH lock MOTOR wires to 87a
Door side BOTH lock MOTOR wires to 30
Diodes across all 3 coil contacts, 85 and 86 with the diode bands towards 86, single fuse for all, 15amps.
You might be able to pick up all six motor wires at the door locking module, depending on the manufacturer's cable distribution, if not the use the one lock wire at the door locking module for one relay, the other 2 relays go to the relevant kickpanels.
Thanks for this very helpful post. But I have a few questions. When you say Blue/Black from Viper to 85 and GREEN/ black from Viper to 85 are you talking about from the 3 pin door lock harness?
Also can you clarify car side and door side?
punizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the double post, but I also had another question. I'd also like to set up an auxiliary channel to roll up my windows should they be down.
How would I setup the relay for this? There are 2 wires for driver side and passenger side windows.
Thanks again for the help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Yes to your first question, car side = vehicle lock control module, door side = motor side, you are effectively cutting the motor wires between 30 and 87a. If you can't get your head around this, don't attempt it. My views on your knowledge status are confirmed by your next question. Using simply relays will burn out your window motors, for roll-up, use a DEI 529t, for roll-up and vent use a 530t. They have full instructions.
P.S. Look at the door locks section on this site, "5 wire alternating". The diagramme is a basic version without two stage unlocking.
punizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Yes to your first question, car side = vehicle lock control module, door side = motor side, you are effectively cutting the motor wires between 30 and 87a. If you can't get your head around this, don't attempt it. My views on your knowledge status are confirmed by your next question. Using simply relays will burn out your window motors, for roll-up, use a DEI 529t, for roll-up and vent use a 530t. They have full instructions.
P.S. Look at the door locks section on this site, "5 wire alternating". The diagramme is a basic version without two stage unlocking.
Thanks so much.
I appreciate the help.
punizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
I just finished this up. I'd like to give a special thanks to Howie.
AMAZING information.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic