icon

remote starter using 4 relays

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gvallen 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

remote starter using 4 relays -- posted image.

This was used on a 2000 Chevy Astro, 89 Mazda Pickup. It can be used for any vehicle. Just need to measure resistance.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
Quite clever but there are no safeties!
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Stared at this for a little while and wanted to make sure I understand this correctly. "AUX1" is the shutdown input via remote and "ACC BROWN" is the equivalent of a +12v shutdown input (IE brake pedal)?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
OK, why? Surely it's just using the alarm's aux outputs to turn it on and off, in which case forget 87a, those aux outputs should go to 85 on the far left as well as the far right. There are STILLno safeties, anti-grind, tach sense, brake inputs so don't try this at home children.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
That's why I asked if that ACC Brown labeled input would be intended as a positive shutdown. No intention to use this, just want to make sure I understand the intention (all be it unsafe) of the circuit.
If you kill what I believe is the positive shutdown relay on the left, it can be reduced to a 3 relay circuit by moving the aux output to terminal 85 like you mentioned on the 2nd from the left relay and it could prove to be a useful circuit for some other requirements. Would I use it as a remote starter? Not a chance. Would I utilize the functionality of the latched Ignition output and active while triggered starter wire? Sure if I found a need for it.
gvallen 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, when I installed this, I had a basic car alarm (DEI) installed on my Chevy Astro and Mazda 89 (5-speed). The RED / white wire and WHITE/ blue wire that I used for opening the trunk is what I used for ACC to activate the starter. The other ACC goes to the WHITE/ blue wire to deactivate the starter. If it does not work, then reverse it. I apologize for the confusion. It really works. I'm using it. For the ASTRO, you need to use the resistor to bypass the security. For all those guys having a problem for security light on the dash board that is always on, I know how to turn it off. Just email me. I read some posts in this forum that after they put the resistors the security light stays on. Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic