icon

what are the gate trigger switches?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stillstanden 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Purchased a car alarm recently and figured I would try to hook it up my self. I understand the hook up diagram except for two connections. Diagram shows two wires from main unit to vehicles gate negative trigger switch and positive trigger switch. I am unsure as to what switches it is referring to. Any help would be much appreciated.
2007 Nissan Titan (base model)
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
that means the door pin switches , on the negative means it will test  negative, on the positive well like it says will test positve this is mostly found on ford cars...hope this helps
rocker
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Actually pos. on pre 90s Fords,Mercedes and BMW Trunk switches and Rolls Royce. Current Fords are neg. when closed and OPEN circuit when open. Your Nissan will be neg.
stillstanden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
There are no door switches as this is the base model and it manual until i install after market power locks that connects to the unit
stillstanden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
So I guess maybe I don't need to worry about connecting those wires as I have manual locks. One more thing. Does anyone know what the engine disconnecting circuit is? One wire from the alarm main unit shows it connecting to the engine disconnecting circuit.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Does your domelight come on when you open your doors...I dont think i have seen a new car w/o them...? What they are referring to is NOT the door locks but the doorpin that shows that the door is open...! This tells the alarm someone opened your door and the alarm says "hey" and goes off...! Engine dis-connection...? Maybe its refering to an ignition kill...or starter kill...? What is the model # and brand...? If it is an Ignition kill...Most ppl will NOT hook these up...Starter kill...well does your car have a "chipped" ignition key...? If so...no reason for a starter kill...! No one is going to be able to "hot wire" it...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
When you open the door, does the domelight come on?  If yes, there are switches in your door, they may be inside the locking mechanism, but there are switches.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
I was here first... what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
stillstanden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the dome light does come on and it does show on my instrument panel. Guess I'll try and find those wires in my service manual. No my car doesn't use a chipped key. It's just a regular key. So I guess I need to figure out the wire to kill ignition or starter. That you so much!
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Battery GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Ignition 1 BLACK/ RED (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Accessory 1 RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Accessory 2 VIOLET (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Starter 1 BROWN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Starter 2 BLUE/GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Anti-Theft Type NISSAN NVIS® VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Anti-Theft Descript THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Key Sense BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Tachometer GRAY/WHITE (AC) AT ECM MODULE UNDER HOOD
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Speed Sense WHITE/ RED (AC) IN HARNESS TO GAUGES what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image.
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Parking Lights RED / BLUE (+) AT DIMMER SWITCH ON DASH
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Brake Lights RED / GREEN (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE PEDAL what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image.
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Reverse Lights GREEN / WHITE (+) IN HARNESS ON PASSENGER SIDE FRAME RAIL
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Horn RED / WHITE (-) IN HARNESS AT STEERING COLUMN
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Alarm Indicator GREEN/ ORANGE (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH NEAR GAS PEDAL
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Rear Defrost YELLOW/BLACK what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image.

Probably would NOT recommend the ignition kill...But the starter kill...Go for it...This car does have 2 starter wires...Heres the alarm info...(this was remote start......................^)

All Door Trigger BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH NEAR GAS PEDAL...TO AVOID DOMELIGHT DELAY USE INDIVIDUAL DOOR TRIGGERS AND DIODE ISOLATE EACH WIRE what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image.
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Domelight Super BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH NEAR GAS PEDAL
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. LF Latch LIGHT BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH NEAR GAS PEDAL
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. RF Latch RED / BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH NEAR GAS PEDAL
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. LR Latch RED / YELLOW (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH NEAR GAS PEDAL
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. RR Latch GRAY (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH NEAR GAS PEDAL
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Alarm Disarm RED (-) AT DRIVER WINDOW CONTROL SWITCHES...ONE PULSE WILL DISARM VEHICLE - SECOND PULSE WILL UNLOCK DOORS what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image.
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Alarm Arm BLUE (-) AT DRIVER WINDOW CONTROL SWITCHES
what are the gate trigger switches? -- posted image. Parking Lights RED / BLUE (+) AT DIMMER SWITCH ON DASH

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic