icon

security, remote start, 1999 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randy_11 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
I got the system to be programmed for Auto trans mode and now the remote start engages. However, I didn't use the PKALL bypass because I was convinced that I don't have an immobilizer system. When I press the remote start button, it acknowledges it and the parking lights flash once and then the engine cranks. It cranks for a few seconds then stops and on the remote it says that its remote started. But the engine never turns over and never turns on, just cranks. Then I just press the remote start button again to "shut it down"
Can anyone tell me how to get the car to start?! Do I need to use the PKALL afterall? If so where the heck is the immobilizer harness because I though it was supposed to be on the key hole ring halo and I don't see anything that suggests a immobilizer. Could it possibly be that the factory rs3000 system has the immobilizer built into it?
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
put the key in the cylinder and leave it in the off position and try to remote start it if it runs then you have a transponder in the key and need the bypass.
if it doesn't start then you might have some thing wired wrong
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

Check the key in ignition(monty) and then check your connections at the ignition harness...2nd ignition,etc...!

Battery WHITE (+) OR WHT/RED IGN. HARNESS
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Ignition 1 BLACK / YELLOW (+) IGN. HARNESS
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Ignition 2 BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Starter 1 GREEN/ BLACK (+) OR GRN IGN. HARNESS
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Anti-Theft Type RF ACTIVATED SYS.
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Anti-Theft Descript TRANSPONDER
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Tachometer BLACK (AC) AT DIAG. CONN. OR AT IGNITOR(PASS. FEND.
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Speed Sense GREEN/ ORANGE (AC) PIN 8 AT ECM OR PIN 1 BEHIND INST CLUSTE
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Parking Lights GREEN (+) AT LIGHT SWITCH
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Brake Lights GREEN / WHITE (+) AT SWITCH
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Reverse Lights RED / YELLOW (+) IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO REAR
security, remote start, 1999 4runner - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Horn GREEN/ RED (-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
I checked the key in the ignition for remote start. I inserted the key in the "off" position and tried to remote start it. Cranks the same as if when I attempted it without the key in the cylinder. I don't have any time to go back in and check the wires for the next couple of days, so I will have to get back at it in a few days. Does anyone have an idea of which wire might be the problem? The system acknowledges the remote start and the vehicle cranks for a short amount of time (enough for it to usually start if started normally with a key) but it doesn't fire up. The remote says "start" and thinks its started. Then I just press the Remote start button again to "shut it off" Thanks guys.
Special thanks to monty_77 for helping me through this whole process!
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
Crank and no start usually means IGN 1 problems. The Ignition system and or the fuel pump is not turning on .
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
sneakycyber, If it is IGN 1 problems, can you recommend which wire I'm supposed to connect Pink H3/1 wire to? I might have hooked it up to the wrong wire. Could you specify where and which wire I should connect it to. I'm going to trouble shoot this one wire at a time until I get it. Hopefully this first step takes care of it! Thanks
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
Interesting to note, I pressed the remote start button today just to see if it'll work by any chance and it didn't ofcourse. But the parking lights flashed 4 times afterwards. I was wondering if that is a diagnostic signal for something. Does anyone know? I looked in the manual and it says about LED flashes and only 5-8 parking light flashed for diagnostics.
Also for the shock sensor levels, is it the higher the number the more sensitive? I thought this thing would be really sensitive if I set it to the highest number and it doesn't seem to trigger unless i really slap the car hard!
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
Yes the higher the number the more sensitive it is. Did you ground the neutral safety wire and connect the on/off switch? These MUST BE CONNECTED if not the unit will not start even if its set for automatic mode.
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
According to my wiring guide its a BLACK / YELLOW wire but test it with a DMM it should be 12v+ in the run positing and DURING crank it should test 12v- or off in the ACC position. This wire runs the ignition system and the fuel pump. Did you run a Tach wire? IS it programmed for tac or tacless?
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
I connected the tach wire to the diagnostic port in the engine compartment. I'm 80% sure I grounded the neutral safety wire and the on/off switch. I can faintly recall connecting it to a BLACK / YELLOW wire but it might have been in the wrong side of the harness or something. I'll have to go back and check these things. Do you know anything about the 4 flashes after i attempt the remote start tho?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic