the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

security, remote start, 1999 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
you are getting a ground on the door trigger wire of the alarm and it is ignoring that signal and giving you a waring letting you know that the door is till open.
where did you mount the shock sensor and to what?
i found the best to be a wire harness near the center of the dash
randy_11 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
How can I fix that?
A buddy suggested that I just take all door pin wires and the door trigger wire and connect it to the Door trigger input on the security side. I want to avoid that and do it the right way.
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
first thing i would do is disconnect the GREEN/ black and just use the black one for a test
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
To fix the door trigger you either have the wrong wire on the vehicle or the wrong wire on the alarm. Did you test the wires with a DMM or a test light? The wiring diagrams are only a reference you should TEST ALL of your wires.
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Initially I only had the GREEN/ blk trigger from the vehicle to the green of the security and that wasn't working. I then connected just the black driver front door pin to the green wire of the security and that didn't work (diode isolated) And then I connected both the door trigger and the door pin wires to the green wire of the security and its still not working.
I did test the wire with a DMM and it read 1 on the ohms when the door was open and some positive value when the door was closed. Same type of reading when I had the DMM set for voltage but when the door was closed it was near 12v and when it was open it was 0.
Any other trouble shooting ideas?
monty_77 
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
have you tried to ground just the green wire to a ground source while armed to see if it goes off
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
No I haven't. I'll probably have to go back out tomorrow and work on it since it is already late and I don't want to wake the neighbors if I trigger the alarm. How should I wire this up properly? I'm most likely going to end up taking all the door pin wires and door trigger wire, and the green wire from the security system and try to wire it up again after I try your suggestion of grounding the green wire while armed.
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Can Anyone explain why the alarm doesn't go off when I impact the body of the vehicle?!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
When you go to do your checks, arm the system and tap on the control module directly and see what happens!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, So I finally figured out all the door trigger wires!! Alarm triggers when any of the doors open! However, one of the rear doors is acting up. The dome light doesn't turn on when one of the rear doors are open which means it doesn't trigger the alarm. I tried following the wire back to the harness and there is nothing disconnected. I tried testing the wires for polarity and it is (+12volts) when the door is closed and it is grounded when open. I unbolted the "pin" and it didn't seem like anything was wrong. Can anyone help me figure this out.
My next problem is due to my inability to comprehend instructions on manuals. I want to RESET the remote controls to the DEFAULT settings because I messed around with it not knowing anything and I don't know what features I turned on or off etc.
The next thing after resetting the remote that I want to be able to do is Change the SYSTEM to "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION START" from the defaulted "Manual Transmission Start" I tried following the instructions on the install manual but I'm not getting something, so if anyone can explain it to me in a more detailed way that'll be great! Once that's done and the HOPEFULLY the remote start works properly right off the bat, then all I have to do is gather all the wires and mount the system and put everything back!! I feel so close yet kinda far from being done with this project. Thanks to all of you who've helped so far and thank you to those of you about to chime in your advice!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic