icon

security, remote start, 1999 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randy_11 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, It's been a while since I've been on here. I've done a search and can't find anything. I have a 1999 Toyota 4runner with a aftermarket pioneer cd receiver. I recently purchased the Clifford 50.7x 2-way security with remote start. While I'm installing this all I want to wire up an amp and sub I also purchased. I'm more familiar with the amp and sub setup as I've done one before. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good write up on a security/remote start in a 99 4runner or if anyone has any tips and instructions. Any help will greatly be appreciated!!
*I'm not sure if I have the factory security system because I do have the interface on the dash that says "toyota security" and there are "vip" stickers on the windows, but I was not able to locate the brian unit for the security under the driver seat.
I also purchased the PKALL transponder bypass module just in case I need it. Some shops told me I need it and some told me I don't. Thanks again!!
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
Toyota 4Runner 1999
WIRE COLOR LOCATION POL.
Battery 1 WHITE/ Red Ignition Harness Positive
Battery 2 White Ignition Harness Positive
Ignition 1 BLACK/ Red Ignition Harness Positive
Starter 1 GREEN/ Black Ignition Harness Positive
Accessory 1 BLACK / YELLOW Ignition Harness Positive
Parklights Positive Green (5) Driver's Running Board Positive
Brake Lights GREEN / WHITE Driver's Running Board Positive
Horn Dk.GREEN/ Red 23 White pin plug in Fuse Box Negative
Tach IG Plug (-) terminal Diag. Plug left side of Engine
Lock BROWN / White Driver's Kick Panel Negative
Unlock Blue/Black & RED / Blue (1) Driver's Kick Panel Negative
Trunk Manual release
E-Brake GREEN / WHITE At Parking Brake Switch Negative
Clutch BLACK/ White At Clutch Switch (4) Positive
OEM Hood Switch GREEN/ Orange At Anti-Theft Module (3) Negative
Disarm Disarms with unlock wires (2)
Rearming Arms with lock wire
Dome Sensor Lt.GREEN/ Black (6) Driver's Side Pillar Negative
KeySense Yellow/Red Ignition Harness Negative
Door Pin FL Black Driver's Kick Panel Negative
Door Pin RL BLACK/ Red Driver's Kick Panel Negative
Door Pin FR BLACK/ White Driver's Kick Panel Negative
Door Pin RR BLACK/ Red Driver's Kick Panel Negative
BCM WakeUp RED / Yellow Driver's Kick Panel
VSS WHITE/ Red At PCM Module (Pin 26)
Back Door pin GREEN / WHITE Driver's Kick Panel Negative
IM/OM Compatibility
- OM-Toyota-1 (310-907-513) - OM-CUT-II (310-908-500) - OM-CUT-3 (310-907-516) - 555X(W) - CANMAX400 - TOYOTA2
- CANMAX400 - TOYOTA2 - PKALL - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Comments :
NOTE : This car is equiped with a Transponder that need to be bypass.
(1) Both wires must be connected and isolated with 2 IN4001 diodes. This wire will require 2 pulses to unlock the doors.
(2) To Disarm for Remote Start, send a ground while running on the keysensor wire, that will Disarm.
(3) GREEN/ Orange, Pin # B8, At the Anti-Theft Module which is Located on Driver Side or under the dash in the harness coming from the firewall.
See picture for more information
(4) Connect the Remote Starter Wire directly on the BLACK/ White , for your " Clutch Bypass " instead of at the Ignition Switch.
(5) May need a pulse after on the Driver's Door Pin to shut down the Auto Light Feature.
(6) Driver's door pin is a Black (-) in Driver's Kick Panel.
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Found the factory security RS3000. It was mounted under the dash.
Monte_77- does that wire/color/location tell me which wires to connect to which. Ex. Which wires from the 4runner to connect to the clifford security system wires. THanks
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
those are the wires colors on the vehicle u will have to match them to the alarm/RS
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I began my installation after receiving some help here about wiring. Now I connected majority of the wires according to my vswd crib sheet and using the installation manual for the clifford 50.7x. I'm installing my security/remote start into a 1999 toyota 4runner. The reason for all my confusion is because I think the previous owner had his own aftermarket security system and alot of the wiring is in different places. Here is what I connected so far and the ones with a question mark are the ones I need to get help with.
Harness # ~ Color ~ wire location in vehicle ~ Vehicle wire
H1/1 ~ RED / white ~ not connected ~ n/c
H1/2 ~ Red ~ Ignition harness ~ White
H1/3 ~ Brown ~ red wire of the siren, fed the wire through firewall grommet
     ?? H1/4 ~ WHITE/ Brown ~ ??
H1/5 ~ Black ~ Driver side kick panel ground
     ?? H1/6 ~violet ~ ?? (do i need to connect this?)
H1/7 ~ Blue ~ N/C
H1/8 ~ Green ~ driver side Kick panel ~ Light GREEN/ black (-)
      ?? H1/9 ~ BLACK/ white ~ ??
H1/10 ~ WHITE/ Blue ~ N/C
H1/11 ~ White ~    set to negative
      ?? H1/12 ~ Orage ~ ??
H2/1 ~ Light GREEN/ black
H2/2 ~ light GREEN / WHITE
H2/3 ~ WHITE/ Violet
H2/4 ~ Violet/black
H2/5 ~ WHITE/ black
H2/6 ~ light blue
H2/7 ~ gray/black
H2/8 ~ BROWN / black ~ Steering Column ~ GREEN/ red (-)
H3/1 ~ Pink ~ Ignition harness ~ BLACK / YELLOW
H3/2 ~ RED / white ~ ignition harness ~ BLACK/ red
H3/3 ~ Orange ~ ignition harness ~ Blue/red
H3/4 ~Violet ~Ignition harness ~ GREEN/ black (starter side)
H3/5 ~ Green ~ ignition harness ~ GREEN/ black (Ignition switch side)
H3/6 ~ Red ~ Ignition harness ~ White (constant 12v)
        ?? H3/7 ~ pink.white ~ ??
        ?? H3/8 ~pink/black ~ ??
H3/9 ~ RED / black ~ Ignition harness ~ WHITE/ red (constant 12v)
Remote Start Input
1 ~ BLACK/ white ~ Grounded in driver side kickpanel
2 ~ Violet/white ~ Engine Compartment Diagnostic plug (tapped into the black wire for tach)
3 ~ Brown ~ driver door sill ~ GREEN / WHITE (+)
4 ~ Gray ~ Hood pin Engine bay ~ Wired through firewall grommet and attached to the supplied wire connector to hoodpin switch
    ?? 5 ~ blue/white ~ ???
Remote Start Output (Do i need to connect any of these if I don't have any additional modules, sensors, or accessories?)
1 ~ Pink/white
2 ~ Orange
3 ~ Violet
4 ~ Pink
      ?? 5 ~ Blue ~ ?? ( Where do I connect this?)
Doorlock wires (How do I wire this up??)
( I have a type B door lock according to the vswd. 3-wire (-) pulse controlling factory lock relays.)
1 ~ blue
2 ~ empty
3 ~ Green
Additionally, I'm trying to find the "CLK, DATA, SYNCHRO, GROUND, KEY SENSE" wires for the XpressKit PKALL. (Data immobilizer override)
- In the install manual for the PKALL, it says
CLK - RED / Black
Data - gray/red
Synchro - pink/black
Ground - Brown
Key Sense - Yellow/red
I think I found some of these but I'm not sure if it's correct. Please tell me where I can find these wires and how to connect them.
Also the Blue/White from the PKALL, where does this connect to?
Please help and Thank you for taking the time to read this!!!
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
anybody?
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I went back into the garage to finish this thing up and was hoping I would have some feedback by now.
I determined that because I don't have any other wires beside the power and ground for the key ring illuminator that I do not have a immobilizer on my 4runner. But before I can test the remote start operation, I need to figure out one problem:
I took H1/8 and connected it to the door trigger wire (GREEN/ Black Driver kick panel) and also the Black front driver side door pin wire. I diode isolated them with the stripe towards the vehicle. I know I have to connect the other door pin wires as well but when I initially test the function of the door trigger I don't get any alarm. Meaning, I can arm the security, unlock the front door manually through the open window and open the door, and i get NO ALARM. What further confuses me is that I set the impact sensor to the most sensitive and shake the car and I get NO ALARM! The only thing that has triggered it so far was opening the hood. (hood pin switch)
In order to remote start I need to get this door trigger working so that I can get the system into programming mode and change the default Manual Transmission Start to Automatic Transmission Start. Therefore I get the 7 light flashes when I get the error message.
ALSO, when disarming the security with the door open, I get three parking light flashes. instead of 2. I get the regular 2 flash disarm when the door is closed. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Clifford 50.7x security/remote start in a 1999 Toyota 4runner sr5.
monty_77 
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
your door pins are listed below. where are you getting the GREEN/ black?
Door Pin FL Black
Door Pin RL BLACK/ Red
Door Pin FR BLACK/ White
Door Pin RR BLACK/ Red
don't shake the car slap it. its a shock sensor not a tilt sensor
with the diode in the door pin wire does the dome light still come on if not you have the diode in backwards.
ok it the dome light supervision for the GREEN/ black lose that connection for the door trigger it might be finding a ground a the alarm is ignoring the wire because it is all ready triggered when armed
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Off the top of my head the shock sensor won't go off if you SHAKE the car its an impact sensor you need to impact the vehicle with your hand or fist (don't punch the car that will hurt your hand). Did you test your door triggers to make sure you have the right wires? They should test negative when the doors are open. To program the unit you can simply ground the door trigger and program it. To make sure you have the diodes placed correctly test the wires with the diodes in place you should get a neg when the door is open.
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
The GREEN/ blk wire is coming from the same harness as the door pins. In the VSWD it says that that is the door trigger wire for the vehicle. I slapped it and banged on it and still no alarm goes off. I need to go back out and test to see if the diodes are backwards but I highly doubt it.
The weird thing is, When I arm the system, it chirps once with the parking light flash, then it chirps again a few seconds later without the light flash. And a few seconds after that on the remote, it says that a door is open when there is no door open. Any ideas?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic