icon

2004 chevy impala alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nitris 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone, i was installing a Galaxy 5100 rs alarm system today and got in a jam when it came to installing the (omega) pass2 to bypass the factory alarm for remote start.
-can anyone give me a detailed instructions on installing this unit the manual didn't make it clear enough.
-also where exactly is the tac wire, i saw it said ignition control module but i have no clue where that is on this car
- lastly is the dome supervision wire used to turn on the dome light or should i just connect to the door trigger wire for that.
sorry for any inconvenience as it has been a few years since i installed an alarm system
thanks, any help is greatly appreciated
tim2004 chevy impala alarm? -- posted image.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
Tachometer WHITE (-)

AT IGNITION COIL

The dome supervision will turn the domelight on when you disarm the alarm and off when you arm...Not always hooked up...! But the door trigger is still required to monitor the doors...Is there a link to the manual...? otherwise here's a DIY... http://documents.audiovox.com/700054.pdf

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
nitris 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
there is a link to the manual, Galaxy 5100 RS and here is a link to the PASS2 HERE
my question is where is the ignition coil located on this car. thanks
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have NEVER used a dial-in-resistance bypass...I have used a few of the code door lock ones...There is so many easier bypasses then that one...But you will have to test for what resistance...Have you done this yet...? And then dial the same resistance on the bypass...Also you will have to cut the passlock 2 wire...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe just bypass it for good(passlock2)...Would be alot easier...But would be losing a step of security...!?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Also you can use the UNCOMMON wire at the fuel injectors...There should be 2 wires on each injector...One color will be common on each injector...Use the other one...Here's a pic of the ignition coil... WELL the pic wont work...so heres a link...  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Ignition+coil+location+04+impala&aq=o&aqi=&oq=&rlz=1W1GPEA_en
M.E.C.P & First-Class
nitris 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
so if i bypass it completely, i just cut the yellow pass 2 wire and that should disable it correct?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
Nitris,
As far as tach - Scytek remote starts will work with a fuel injector signal as well, if that's easier to get to. IIRC that's not the case on any late model Impala though, since the fuel injectors are under the upper intake manifold.
The ignition module is the part with 3 coils on it, labeled "1 4" "2 5" "3 6" where all of the spark plug wires begin. White or PURPLE / white wire going to it (I think the 3.8L just has the one bolt-in connector and the 3.4 has 2 snap-on connectors?) should work as your tach input.
Agreed that the PASS2 is pretty much obsolete as a bypass; however you should be able to make it work. Observe the following caveats about the instruction sheet:
1. My best guess is that this bypass was designed with '98 GM full-size pickups in mind, since the wire colors listed for the vehicle are correct for such a truck. They are NOT, however, the same as the relevant wire colors on your Impala.
2. The Impala may or may not have the 48-way connector mentioned there. However you can easily locate the Passlock wires: there are 3 of them (about 18 gauge), they go to the ignition switch, and they are white, black, and yellow.
3. The yellow reference wire gets connected as the instructions say to do. The black Passlock ground wire along side it gets connected to the ORANGE / black from the PASS2.
4. The spade terminals on the PASS2 can be ignored completely, assuming you've connected an output from the Scytek to the green Ignition 2 wire on the car.
5. The yellow "Ignition 2" input to the PASS2 should probably be connected to the Scytek's blue/orange "Remote start output".
Follow those instructions and you should be successful.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
nitris 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like a plan, ill follow these instructions and see what happens, that helped a lot, instead of 8 connects on the pass2 you narrowed it down to 3 awesome! so the rest i can just ignore?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
No, you still need to connect the yellow, black, and dark blue from the PASS2 as well as the ORANGE / black, yellow/red, and yellow/white. Also ignore what I said earlier in point 5.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic