icon

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seblicar 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
hey, i was wondering if someone can chow me a diagram of the speaker wires running from the stereo of a 97 silverado to the tower speakers in the back. if someone can send me a diagram (if they have one or where to get one) to lancer-evo-8@hotmail.com or reply back and tell me (w/ detail) where the wires are.
the reason im asking is that i just want to use the origonal wires and use them for some speaker boxes that i will put underneath the back seats.
thanks,
Seblicar
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

They should be running in the sill on each side of the truck...It is super easy to run leads down the sides...I dont know of anythin g thats going to show you exactly...They just tell you a general location...

Battery ORANGE (+) RADIO HARNESS
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. Accesory YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. Ground BLACK (-) RADIO HARNESS
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. Illumination GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. Dimmer BROWN (+) RADIO HARNESS
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. LF Speaker (+) TAN
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. LF Speaker (-) GRAY
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. RF Speaker (+) LIGHT GREEN
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. RF Speaker (-) DARK GREEN
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. LR Speaker (+) BROWN
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. LR Speaker (-) YELLOW
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. RR Speaker (+) DARK BLUE
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. RR Speaker (-) LIGHT BLUE
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. Steering Cntrls NO
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. Speed Cntrl NO
1997 Chevrolet Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram -- posted image. Radio Security YES

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Are you adding additional speakers or disconnecting the rears and adding the ones in the boxes...Is it a factory radio...? What kind of speakers...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
So basically you will have to pop the running board plastic off on each side of the truck and look through the several wires that should run along the sill...Or just add new wires from the back of the stereo and down the sides of the truck...You could even make a small slit in the carpet so the wires only show where they come out of the slice right in-front/behind the speakers...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
seblicar 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
for the sills, are you talking about the sides where the carpet meets the door sills? if so, we already have looked on both sides and there isn't any wires. i am running a pioneer radio w/ stock speakers. i will be diconnecting the rear speakers to put new ones in boxes underneath the back seat. for the manufacture of the speakers, i can't remember off the top of my head. we found out that inside the cab on the ceiling (or however you spell that), towards the back there is a panel that we took off. once we pulled that off, there was some wires running to the right side speaker. so i think that the wires are wired to the top of the door frame panels and once the left speakeres are connected, they other set of wires run to the other side of the truck for the right. FYI the wires running to the right side were dark blue and light blue.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes they will branch off and go under the seats...If your really having a tough time finding them...Disconnect behind the radio and run two leads down the sills...The wire does not have to be thick...Once you get to the speakers make a slit in the carpet and you can use a coat hanger...etc...put into the slit you made and push over to where the carpet meets the sides...They could be going up the a/b pillars...
M.E.C.P & First-Class

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic