icon

viper 5101 autostart problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dr2391 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged  
ok so i bought the viper smart start so i could start my 01 civic automatic from my iphone. i already had and old doodiety viper in my car, i think i was a 160vx which was installed professionally. well i didnt tear all the wires out. i have both wiring diagrams and i have been matching the wires since some are different colors. i have not got to the "smart start" part of it, im just trying to get the core autostart to work. as of right now i the doors lock and unlock and when i try and start it, the box clicks but the car doesnt start.
here are the wires that i do not have hooked up because i dont think i need them but im probably wrong:
aux trunk release
flex parking light relay 87a
door+ input
factory horn input
door- input
domelight
remote start activation(problem?)
parking light
ground-when-armed
oem disarm
oem arm
aux 1
aux 2
aux 3
2nd unlock
wait-to-start
RS status
RS ignition
RS starter
RS accessory
flex
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  

you will need to hookup

oem disarm, rs status for bypass module, rs starter wire, rs accessory wire,parking lights, flex relay 30 to ignition 2, and ground when armed if you want a starter kill.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dr2391 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
where do i connect them too? the installation manual is not very specific
dr2391 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
and i do not need RS ignition 1 then?
bambam3030 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
man not to offend you but if you do not have any experince in remote start alarms I would really consider taking it to someone who knows what they are doing. but if you already have a viper remote start in there you should be able to plug the wire harness from the old viper to the new one or at least be able to go by the old wire colors they should just match up.
bam
bambam3030 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Also the factory setting is for a manual transmision you will have to change it to a automatic. and what type of bypass module are you using?
bam
dr2391 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
well i need to learn sometime. i have put a body kit on my car. i have totally redone the audio system, made my own fiberglass subwoofer box and much more with no prior knowledge. how do i learn if i dont try? i am using a directed 556u bypass. how do i change it to automatic? and do you have any info on where i should tie those wires mentioned above into?
dr2391 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
figured out how to change the setting to automatic but still dont know where to hook RS wires n the flex wire up to
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  

first off, you need a wiring diagram, a multimeter, and 5 hours at least to pull this job off.

the outputs on the viper will end up going onto the wires on the car (their respected function)

for example, the viper violet (+) starter wire will go to BLACK/ white at the ignition harness.

its simply matchin outputs of the viper onto the wire of the car for the respected function, but you need a DMM (digital muti meter) to test if you have the correct wires.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dr2391 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
i kind of figured that but im having trouble with the rs accessory wire n the flex relay wire. and yes i do have a wiring diagram
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic