icon

carvox cx 999 in a '98 corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itbelikedat 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Greetings. I recently started installing a carvox cx-999 system in my '98 corolla. the system features keyless entry and remote start.

i manage to get the keyless unlock-lock to work but it locks/unlocks when it wants to. if it does lock the car, the driver's door lock stays unlocked.

i haven't been able to get the romote start to work. i followed the wiring guide off of this site but no luck.

there are 2 wires comming from the cx-999 that i don't know what to do with. there's a blue/white wire that says *(-) 200mA Bypass Output When Remote Start*

There's an orange wire that says *(-) 500mA Ground-when-armed Output to Starter Killer*

there's a little pic telling me to cut the power to the distributor (please see illustration attatched to post)

the '98 corolla doesn't have a distributor... I have no clue what to do with this wire.

i connected the BLACK/ white wire to the pnp switch. I also connected the PURPLE / white wire to a tach wire (the blue / YELLOW to be exact) all the rest of the wires are connected properly according to the 1998 corolla alarm/remote start wiring diagram. feedback will be greatly appreciated.

carvox cx 999 in a '98 corolla -- posted image.carvox cx 999 in a '98 corolla -- posted image.

So what, Now what?
itbelikedat 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

I would also like to add an actuator in order to be able to use the trunk release feature that's availible with the carvox cx-999 ans possibly eliminat the trunk relase handle. What type of actuator will i need and how will I be able to install it properly? I am also interested in using the same concept for the gas flap. thanks for your time.

So what, Now what?
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Wow easy install.. According to audiovox you only need the BLACK / YELLOW since this is IGN 1 and ACC wire. Then you need Brake GREEN / WHITE at the switch, then Parking lights Dark green in the drivers kick panel. For door locks it seems the vehicle has priority unlock. You need to get two wires for unlock and diode isolate them A Blue / YELLOW AND a white wire. Lastly MAKE SURE YOU CONNECTED THE GROUND WIRE if the alarm is trying to ground through your door locks this will drive them nuts and it won't work properly. As always Test your wires they may have run out of the right color when wiring YOUR car so the colors may be wrong.
itbelikedat 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
carvox and audiovox are 2 different makes. the carvox wiring guide that is attatched to to original post came with the alarm and it states otherwise... i will check my wiring and be back with the results. thanks
So what, Now what?
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
I was not referring to the alarm system wiring I was referring to the Vehicle wiring information that I got from Audiovox. I understand the alarm isn't made by them.
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
As for the trunk release, a standard trunk release kit such as the 522t From DEI should work well in both applications depending on how they are released (cable or mechanical linkage) there easy to install.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
Your question cut the distributor...They MEAN the starter wire! Wonder what else they got wrong. I can also give you bulldog, directwire, are you going to tell us they aren't Carvox? Sneakycyber is trying to help you.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Cut the distributor? carvox cx 999 in a '98 corolla -- posted image., oh dear!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
1998 Toyota Corolla Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information
Constant 12V+ White  Ignition Switch Harness 
Starter Red  Ignition Switch Harness 
Ignition BLACK / YELLOW  Ignition Switch Harness 
Accessory BLACK / YELLOW  Ignition Switch Harness 
Tach Blue / YELLOW  Distributor 
Brake Switch GREEN / WHITE  Brake Switch 
Trunk Release Red  Rear Hatch Wagon only 
Trunk Pin RED / White (-)  Trunk Light Wagon Works with Dome Light 
Parking Lights Dark Green (+)  Driver's Kick Panel, White 9 Wire Connector 
Head Lamp RED / White (-)  Steering Column 
Factory Disarm WHITE/ Green (-)  Anti-Theft Module Passenger's Kick Panel 
Door Trigger RED / White (-)  White Connector behind Fuse Panel near Firewall 
Door Lock Blue/White (-)  Driver's Kick Panel, White 9 Wire Connector above Brown Connector 
Door Unlock Blue / YELLOW (-)  And White, Diode Isolate 
Horn Wire Blue/Red (-)  Driver's Kick, White Connector next to Door Trigger 
Windows Up LF=GREEN/ Red, RF=GREEN/ Red, LR=RED / Green, RR=RED / Black 
Windows Down LF=Green, RF=Blue/White, LR=Blue/Black, RR=Yellow 
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic