parking lights viper 5101/omega chdl4 p

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I've installed a Viper 5101, with an Omega vehicle interface in my 2003 Jeep Liberty. Every things works great except the parking lights. For some reason they don't seem to work at all. They don't flash when I lock/unlock the doors, and they don't come on during remote start.

I have the H1/11(white) parking light output wire soldered to the pink parking light input wire on the interface module. I also have the parking light polarity fuse installed in what I think is, the postive position.

The reason I say "I think", is because the module is mounted in a location where it's very difficult to see. According to the installation manual the fuse should be installed in the two pins towards the center of the module. Can anyone verify this for sure.

I haven't had a chance to test for power coming out of the remote start module, but that's my next step. I'm curious if anybody has an suggestions or input.  

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
The only manuals I have been able to find for the CHDL4 module do not show a parking light input. The pink listed is for door trigger. Do you have a link for that module? I would love to take a look at it.
On Chryslers I usually just do the relay/resistor install for parking lights. Simple enough to do and reliable.
I haven't installed a 5101 yet but I think you can just install a 910ohm resistor across the jumpers in the brain and hook the white wire to the vehicle's parking light wire? I might be wrong on this.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.caralarm.com/manuals-install/Interface%20Modules/DB-CHDL4P.pdf

Without the parking lights I never know if the vehicle is running or not since I'm often too far away to hear the engine or see the exhaust from the tail pipe.

If I can't get it working with the module, I may go with the relay/resister method.

todds440 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

The parking lights have been remove in the latest revision: 

CHDL4-PK
vH04.S05.D04 Installation Manual English H4: CIRCUIT FOR DOORLOCKS PROTECTED, PARK LIGHTS INPUT REMOVED S5: SW MODIFIED TO PROTECT AGAINST REPETITIVE ACTUATOR ACTIVATION. D4: Vehicle Chart Updated 20060804
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

Must be the installation sheet they sent me with the module was wrong then too.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

Do you guys have any suggestions where I can find the resisitor I need?

Judging by the Ohm's law calculator on this site 1/4 watt 910ohm resistor should do the trick.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a bit confused now. I've been doing some research on which resistor to use. The DEI vehicle wiring chart I've got says to use a 910ohm resistor, but Bulldog security says to use a 1000ohm resistor. Maybe I'll have to buy both and see which works. http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_LIBERTY_JEEP%20LIBERTY%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
omega - 1k ohm resistor
fortin - 1k ohm resistor as well
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

Here's another question. Even if the parking light input wire was eliminated in new versions, are the parking lights still functional through the module?

I think I'm going to email Omege support on this just for the heck of it.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

This is confusing. I went to Omega's website and looked up the installation instructions. The instructions on their website are identicial to the ones I received with the interface module I have. When I go to the databus integration compatibility portion of their website, it says "Developed by BypassKit OE integration", which leads me to believe it's the same exactly module BypassKit sells.

To make matters more confusing, BypassKit's website says;

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

Data bus interface control & transponder bypass combo: Lock/Unlock, Rear hatch unlock, OEM security arm/disarm, Park lights, RAP control & Transponder bypass: RF override through induction using loop antenna (Transponder included no key required)

Features:

• compatible with any remote car starter
  • compact design easy to mount
  • compatible with manufacturer's anti-theft system
  • maintains integrity of manufacturer's anti-theft system
  • compatible with manufacturer's security and convenience functions
  • maintains integrity of manufacturer's security and convenience functions
  • no need for additional resistors or relays
  • easy programming
  • no extra key required for operation

...but then in it's own installation instructions it clearly states;

Pink wire (parking light input) has been removed.

A relay & 1000-OHM resistor is needed to activate the parking light circuit of vehicle.

Somebody needs to get their act together.

I emailed Omega via their website. I'll let you know what I get for an answer.

I'm guessing you guys are correct in saying I'll need to pick up a resistor. I'm glad you guys know what you're doing. :D

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic