parking lights viper 5101/omega chdl4 p

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

moonliter,

I have a question. Regarding multiplexed wires. Do I risk damaging the BCM if an accessory, such as the parking lights, are on and then ground is applied through second resistor? Basically I think it would be just as if two resistors were wired in parallel, thus putting out a completely different resistance than what is intended. 

Tech support at Omega said I need to connect the pink/white(parking light output) to the light GREEN/ orange at the headlight switch which is in total contradiction to the installation instructions the interface came with. However, it makes more sense logically. My concern, however, is as stated above. What if I have the parking lights on, and then I unlock the doors causing the brain of the remote start unit to pulse the parkiing lights.

Just for the record, I do not plan on wiring the parking light though the Omega interface. I'm just going to wire the remote car starter directly into the parking lights utilizing a resistor according to the directions in the installation manual. I would just like to know about the mulitplex wires for future knowledge.

Thanks

alajoe 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
Here is what I am going to do since I am 90% certain I have messed up the BCM. I am going to as another reader suggested pull the fuse out of my parking lot output wire and replace that with a 1000 ohm resistor then switch the remote starter to negative out put an then connect that to the light GREEN/ orange wire either at the BCM or headlight switch and I am going to do this while the bad BCM is still in and confirm the parking lights work with the remote start. Just to be on the safe side I was reading the manual to the jeep and you can program the RKE system to flash or not flash the parking light with the door lock and unlock you can also program the horn honk on or off. This is a owner programmable thing easily done with the fey fob I have already turned off the parking light flash with the door lock and unlock. It will be this weekend though before I get back to the wiring.
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

Okay. Just for entertainment, I removed the pink/white wire(parking light output from the CHDL4-PK) from the light GREEN/ orange wire at pin 9 of the BCM C2 connector. I then connected it to the light GREEN/ orange wire at pin 5 of the same connector(Headlamp MUX).

Guess what? When I lock/unlock the doors, the parking lights & the headlights now flash, so it looks the installation instructions were definitely wrong. Being that the headlighs flash with the parking lights, I think the CHDL4-PK is putting out the wrong resistance value.

Neither the parking lights, nor the headlights work when the vehicle is remote started. At first I thought it was because the polarity fuse wasn't installed in the Viper 5101 brain, but even after I installed it, they still don't work. I think I have it in the positive position. It's plugged in the two pins closest to the center of the brain.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I quickly figured out that the pink/white wire is NOT the parking light output!!! It IS the factory alarm disarm. parking lights viper 5101/omega chdl4 p - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

If I decide to to wire up the parking lights, it will DEFINITLEY be without the CHDL4-PK interface. Furthermore, it appears as if Omega's tech support doesn't know how these interfaces work, let alone which wires go where.

I don't think I'll be purchasing another Omega product anytime soon.

alajoe 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
I switched my parking light output to neg out instead of positive and put a 1000 ohm resistor in the line and connected it to pin 5 C2 light green orange and my parking lights work. Need a resistor go to radio shack I got a 100 pack assortment for 6 bucks. I still have a door lock problem but I am going to take it to the Jeep dealer next week and get them checked out. after some reading I think they may just need reset.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic