icon

88 jeep cherokee lock/unlock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwnell35 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I am hookin up a keyless entry on a 88 jeep cherokee, and its ask for a 5 wire reverse polarity, ok thats easy. but when i hook it up nothing works. i triple checked my connections. i tried positve trigger, neg trigger, nothing works. the dark green is unlock, and the white is lock. i ran the wires through the door to get a precise measure for the reverse polarity cut. so i know iam on the switch side and the motor side correctly. have any one ever did this year or have a good advice for this car, iam not new at this its just i cant figure out whats up with this car lock system. and it dont have factory keyless entry.
dnell
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
give us a run down on how you got the relay wired.
And the car has power locks, correct?
dwnell35 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
look at this link and on page 15 u will see how its relayed for reverse polarity, also other choices of relays (positive triggered and neg triggered startin on page 14)  http://www.autoditto.com/images/cx-2300-user-manual.pdf i hope u can help me. and remember i ran the wires up to the door switch so can know i cut the wire after the switch and before the motor for the reverse polarity. and this r/s unit has built in relays for lockin system as u you will see in the diagram
dnell

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic