2004 jeep liberty lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alajoe 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
DB-CHDL-4-PK Bypass, Avital 4103 Remote start, 2004 Jeep liberty
I had everything hooked up and working correct except for the parking light output. When I hooked the parking lights up; which was no more than applying + to the pink wire on the bypass things went haywire.
I did some searching and downloaded a different set of instruction for the bypass. The second set says the parking light wire was removed from the bypass to use a 1000 ohm resistor. Maybe there were problems with it but the instructions that came with my bypass said use it.
In any case; both front door locks and the rear tailgate will now not unlock period. Even with the bypass completely disconnected the front locks and tailgate will not unlock from the factory remote or even from the switch inside the door inside the vehicle.
HELP!!! My wife is P.O. She said she would rather have the door locks working than the remote start.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  

you probably blew the fuse. check main fuse box inside cabin or passenger side.

and yes, the multiplex parking light was removed. Just remove the fuse and place a resistor inline.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
alajoe 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Its not a fuse as I pulled and checked every single fuse in the truck and checked the relays. The back (passenger) doors work but not the front or rear tailgate
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

alajoe,

I have the pink wire powered up on my Jeep with the CHDL4-PK and everything works perfect except for the parking lights. I've been using the vehicle for about a week now, so I don't think having the pink wire powered up would cause your problems.

When you wired everything up, did you make all your connections saving the data bus wire for last? If not, I'm wondering if that would cause the symptoms you're experiencing.

BTW, the instructions I received with my CHDL4-PK said to connect the pink wire also.

I'm going to look through the factory wiring diagrams and see if I can find anything that would cause your problem.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

if your factory remotes or button does not lock the front doors. its a fuse issue. If it doesnt work its because there is a break in the circuit.  insted of yanking fuses to check, look on the lable for LOCK fuses.

also, you need a relay to do the parking lights,

if you have the latest firmware, you will still need to wire up a relay

85 - ground
86 - parklight output from unit
87 - contant 12v
30 - to park light wire on car with resistor inline.

sometimes the locking system needs to be reset. sit inside car. lock it with your hands, then press unlock on the remote.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

After looking at the factory service manual, it looks pretty simple.

The door lock/unlock switch pulses the BCM with a resistance. Then, the BCM triggers either a lock relay or an unlock relay. Finally, the relay activates the door lock motor to either lock or unlock the door.

If you've already checked the relays, then it sounds like bad news. The BCM may have taken a hit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic