icon

viper 5901 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soooooocrazy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
vehicle is 2000 ford f250 diesel manual.my question is on the relay for the clutch bypass.i want to attach the two cluch wires blue/orange and pink/white to 85 and 86 of the relay and 12 volt to 30 and the remote start blue -200 m status wire to 87? and i should fuse the 12 volt right?
I am no one
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah, you are crazy alright. You will fry the (-) start ouput as soon as remote start is initiated. The correct way is 85 to (-) start, 86 to fused (+) 12v, 30 to blue/orange & 87 to WHITE/ pink of the clutch switch.

But you don't have to use a relay. You can connect the starter wire from the 5901 directly to the blue/orange at the clutch switch instead of at the ignition switch.

soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
thank you.and yeah that would be bad looked at the relay diagram after just getting up makes alot more sense now,but doesn't running the starter wire from the unit to the blue/orange wire bypass the clutch altogeather?
I am no one
moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Why would you think so ? The clutch is only bypassed during remote start. You still need to press the clutch pedal when you start with a key.
soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
just making sure.I have kids that are getting older and i dont want someone jumping in putting the key in and starting it on accident.I've looked at alot of posts here and you guys are all about safety and well thats what i want.
I am no one
soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
ok green wire from unit to key side of ignition and purple wire to the blue/orange of switch and i'm good to go?and i still have to use my clutch for normal starting and no relay.correct?
I am no one
soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
oh yeah...and thank you for your helpviper 5901 remote start -- posted image.
I am no one
moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

The purpose of the start-kill is to prevent the car from starting when armed even you have the key. There is no effect if you wire that way. If you still need it then you have to cut the blue/orange wire at the clutch switch, hook up the green from the unit to blue/orange closest to the clutch switch and the violet to starter solenoid side.

If starter-kill is not needed, then you just hook up the starter wire (violet) from the unit directly to the blue/orange without cutting it. Just tape up the green wire on the unit.

soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

ok in the manual is says green to key side of starter wire which is the RED / lightblue in the ignition harness.And violet goes to starter side that says to me to cut the ignition wire put green on one side to the key and violet to the other one which doesnt bypass the clutch switch correct?so the violet would go to the blue/orange to bypass the clutch for remote start and act as starter kill?and i still have to use the clutch when starting it normally?

I am no one
soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
i get it..the RED / lightblue in the ford diagram is for automatics and since mine is a manual i need to hook it up like you said at the blue/orange green to closest to clutch switch and violet to the selonoid side and the starter kill works because it goes through the unit and the remote start works because it goes through the unit and i have to depress the clutch and it still goes through the unit to make the connection.yay it makes sense...i think lol thank you for your help if for some reason my reason is wrong please correct it.
I am no one
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic