icon

viper 5901 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ssbowtie1 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
It seems to me that wiring the alarm this way will bypass the clutch pedal even when not using the remote start.
I'm pretty sure you will need to wire a relay otherwise you will bypass the clutch all the time.
soooooocrazy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
thats what i thought to but moonliter was right.the wiring was for an automatic and with a clutch you have another loop that you have to connect.i had cut the RED / lightblue wire and hooked up the green and violet and it would start but no remote start so if you take it to the clutch then when you remote start it bypasses the clutch but not for normal starting because it still goes through the unit for the starter kill.....not that anyone wants to steal my truck lol.
I am no one
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Check this out  it will help you understand how to properly hook up your clutch switch.
soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2010 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
yep i have that page.i was thinking about it wrong i was looking at the clutch as an obstacle instead of the line of current.by doing what you said works perfect and no problems hope this helps others.thank you very much for the info.
I am no one
ssbowtie1 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
So you just cut the DK BLUE/ORG wire and wired the green alarm wire to the clutch side and the purple to the starter side?
That makes sense. I thought you had the green wire hooked up somewhere before the clutch switch, like at the WHT/PNK or RED / LT BLU.
soooooocrazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2010 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
i did at first i had them both at the RED / lightblue because thats for automatics.but with the clutch you have to go past the clutch switch which is the blue/orange and yep works great
I am no one
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic