the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

testing alarm outputs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty862 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
Would I have to switch the settings to a normally open circuit for this ground test to work?
monty862 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, I would. I switched it to nomally open and the alarm sounded when I grounded the wire. So it looks like the module is ok. Thanks for the info on the proper wire to tap into. Looks like DEI needs to update their install sheet for this car. Sure caused me a lot of extra work. testing alarm outputs - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  
Some Vipers can be programmed to allow for the open circuit, OR you can obtain a DEI part for it.
monty862 
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
That would be great. I didn't see any programing option for that in the bitwriter though. It is  the 5901 model alarm. If it is not too pricey I'd rather buy the part you mention, versus undoing all my wiring. Do you have a part number or name? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
It's called a DTIMAZDA, by the way, door trigger normally waits 5 seconds before activating.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
You won't need the part though, menu 1 section 13 door trigger type, option 2 do it from the programming, you don't need a Bitwriter, just lots of patience! How come they never reached the UK yet I've got all the answers? One comment, RTFM!
monty862 
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure what you mean. The install sheet states normally closed and that is what I set it for. The testing I did seemed to confirm that. (Resistance with door closed.) I reversed the setting when I was checking the module wire. Alarm would then sound when H1/8 was grounded. I thought a negative signal would be produced by the car when the door was opened, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
What I mean is what you've already found. Closed circuit to ground when doors shut, open circuit when opened so do what I say and stop questioning to much analysis screws up the installation. Your looking at an ground-loop circuit. Breaking it will trigger the alarm.
monty862 
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
I guess I'm too dense to grasp what your saying or else I'm not conveying my problem clearly. Here is what I have done and it does not work. Install sheet states: 4 individual door trigger wires; I found and verified. Install sheet states (neg. normally closed). I put a 1 amp diode on each trigger wire with the cathode toward the trigger. I attached the green H1/8 neg. door trigger input wire from the 5901 to the four combined diode isolated wires. The 5901 was set to option 2 (normally closed). Alarm was armed and I get no reaction when any door is opened. Hood pin works, trunk trigger works, shock sensor works, trunk pop and remote start works. I'd be more than happy to "just do what your saying" but it sounds like that is what I've already done. I'll use the dome light wire if I must, but I'd rather not have to deal with the delay feature. As far as I can see the 5901 doesn't have a adjustment for that. Any help greatly appreciated.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
You're not too dense, I wasn't reading your earlier post all the way through. Sorry for coming on a bit strong. Disconnect the leads to your green wire and test again.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic