the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2w9000fmr manual, cm5200 upgrade to cm5000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
HI GUYS! i need a Installation manual for compustar 2w9000fmr remote starter and alarm. i got it for free from the dealership, they just installed the remote starter and keyless entry. i want to install the siren, shock sensor and the LED. hope you can help me guys, i need the installation copy of the starter not the user manual.
thank you!
tianot
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

do you know what brain you got?

it could be the CM5200 or CM6200

if its the starter only series, you will not have a shock sensor or siren.

Installation Manual CM5x00 - http://www.staub.ca/pdf/manuals/Firstech/CM5000-Series-Manual.pdf

installation Manual CM6x00 - https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=cm6000

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tianot 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

hi tedmond! thanks for your responds. so you mean if i got the cm5200 or cm6200 brain im not be able to install a siren and a shock sensor, is that what you mean?

how if i got the cm5200/cm6200 brain and i want to install a alarm in my car and i buy the cm6000/cm5000 brain do i need to do some rewiring?

do i need to buy a new blade?

thanks 

tianot
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Actually if it's a 900fmr then it will be an older 3 series brain. Try to find where they mounted the brain and see what model number is on it. More than likely it will be under the drivers side dash somewhere.
tianot 
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
i check under the dash and its a cm5200 brain, so its just a starter unit and they use the idata link bypass module (ads-tb(16)).
what if i want to upgrade the unit into a cm5000 or cm6000 model, do i need to do some rewiring? or just hook up the connector to the new brain including the siren, antenna, shock sensor, LED?
thank you
tianot
tianot 
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
hi! i have a cm5200 brain installed in my car and i want to upgrade into cm5000 unit, do i need to do some rewiring or just hook up the connector from cm5200 to cm5000? my car bypass transponder is a idatalink ads-tb(16). do i need to perform some programming on he unit?
thanks
tianot
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

you will need to do some programming just so it matches your needs.

the bypass module is fine, the connections, i beleive only CN4 needs to be rewired as the pins are in differany locations. They have the same colour, just pin location is differant, if my memory serves me correct.

finding a cm5000 brain alone is not as easy, and the price is pretty high just for a brain.

Ted
Compustar Expert
tianot 
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
thanks man for your response, one more thing men. i check the cm5200 unit in my car and the only wirings that connected into my 5200 unit is the CN3(ignition harness), CN12 rs232(connector from the bypass module), cn8 (antenna), and the thermistor (cn11). there's nothing connected in the CN4 slot.
what are the programming steps do i need to do after i install the cm5000 unit?
do you know where to buy a cheapest remote alarm/starter?
thanks man
tianot
tedmond 
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

hey tianot.

alright, the dealer decided to use the D2D method. I dont use this method since its a hit and miss. But if it works then great.

once you get your new module, its simple as plugging the connectors in.

you will just need to program a few things.

1) First program the remotes to the brain which is VERY simple. cycle ignition on and off 5 times, press lock on remotes and youre set.

2) program tach. Start car and let it idle to normal operating temp. Hold brakes and press rs on the remote. It will click 2 times, done.
3) option programming if you want things such as auto lock, passive, drive lock, ignition locking/unlock etc.

compustar generally does not come cheap. Its not common to find quality and low cost together. A unit will cost you approx 280-350. You can easily make your money back by selling the CM5200. When you pick up your new unit, all that you will use from the box is the Siren, knock pad sensor (optional), cm5000 brain, and shock sensor. Just leave the harnesses and antenna as is with the cm5200 brain. Sell that and you cover your costs.

Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

Shoot a PM to velocity motorsports. He is in BC so he might be able to hook you up with a good price.

you can try asking your local shop, but they might not sell it to you.

Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic