the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2w9000fmr manual, cm5200 upgrade to cm5000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot man, your my man, i really appreciate your help. im gonna shop around this week and ill let you know how it goes. thanks man
tianot
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

no problem. always out to help.

i have a cm5200 laying around too with no antenna though ahah. I want to pick up the antenna but it cost so much. abit more and i can buy a whole unit.

if you have trouble sourcing out just the brain, shoot me a pm and ill see what i can find.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 14, 2010 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  
tianot wrote:
i check under the dash and its a cm5200 brain, so its just a starter unit and they use the idata link bypass module (ads-tb(16)).
That's odd. I was just told by Compustar's tech support that the 900fmr's used the 3 series brains. I was trying to get a system for my parents new vehicle that would allow dual vehicle control with the system already in their other car. This required me getting them the older brain. My apologies to Tedmond for incorrectly contradicting him and to you for giving you incorrect information.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2010 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  

hey steven, even the new ones allow for multi car operation.

and dont sweat it, no need since we are just trying to help one another.

Ted
Compustar Expert
tianot 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2010 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
hey man, whats wrong? i check my remote and its a 2w9000fmr model and its a compustar pro series.
tianot
tedmond 
Posted: March 14, 2010 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

nothing, i was just replying back to steven kephart.

any luck on the cm5000 brain?

you can still add a siren, but no shock sensor. The 5200 has a passive alarm mode on it.

Ted
Compustar Expert
tianot 
Posted: March 14, 2010 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  

how can i do that? how can i connect the siren?

i went out yesterday to look for the cm5000 and the price is pretty high, i might try my luck tomorrow to check the local auto shop if they have it.

tianot
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

hey steven, even the new ones allow for multi car operation.

Yes, but my parents old vehicle had an older brain/antenna/remote combination which according to Compustar wouldn't communicate with the newer products. No big deal though since they still had parts for the old alarm.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic