icon

viper dei 5902 confusing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sacredcreationz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

WOW I was wondering when we were going to get a visit from the infamous HOWIEII.  Glad to see you alive and degrading us "inferiors" as usual.  As per your "points" please read the following;

-Tach learning-  Yes I did learn the tach.  I turned the car on, and then hit the valet switch within 5 seconds and held it until the led lit for three soconds.  The 5902 would not activate the remote start until I did that.

-Clutch Switch-  This is how it goes.  Blak wire to switch contains a 1ohm resistance to ground. Blk/Blu wire contains no connection to ground and no voltage.  The clutch switch is a normally open switch with no continuity to ground on either lead in either position.  I wired the output of the 5902 to the blk/blu wire.  Key to note here.  I was in the car when attempting to remote start and i held in the clutch with no response.

-Factory Transponder-   If you are talking about a key then you are out of luck.  my key is all metal, nothing special.  besides i did put the key in the ignition as well. still nothing.

And lastly the 5902 is protected by fuses and unless I am surging the current through I will not hurt the unit by tying the two leads together and over drawing.

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

This is from a post on a viper 5301 on a 06 honda element. I guess just add the green wire but the others seem to be the same.

H3/1  Pink (connect this to ignition 1 in the car

H3/2  RED / White (connect this to 12 volts in the car)  this will power the acc 2 wire from the viper brain

H3/3  Orange (connect this to acc 1 in the car)

H3/4  Violet (connect this to the starter wire in the car)

Green Wire

H3/5  Red (connect this to 12 volts in the car)  this will power the ign 1 wire from the viper brain

H3/6  Pink/White (connect this to acc 2 and you have to program the viper for acc 2),   default is ign 2

H3/7  Pink/Black (not used)

H3/8  RED / Black (connect this wire to 12 volts)  this will power acc1 and starter wires from the viper brain

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Agreed with smokeman1 in your case you do not need the pink/black this is also stated in the 5901 Manual which is identical to the 5902 accept for the wire locations on the brain. colors etc are the same. I looked up the wiring colors for your vehicle on the Audiovox website that wasn't much help. There has got to be something that stops your starter from engaging. Did you connect the keysense wire? (although you tried with the key in and no luck). I would take a peek in the ignition harness and test every wire with a test light to make sure I didn't miss a wire somewhere. Also as posted above try to take the starter out of the equation and just jump your starter wire to 12v positive and try to get the bugger to crank once you get that working the starter should be a snap.
sacredcreationz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

Well solution hath cometh forward.  Thank you to all those who helped along the way.  Proplem;

CLUTCH SWITCH  It turns out that the clutch switch is a normally closed switch and not a normally open one as the Chelton manual has drawn.  Just goes to show that you sometimes have to check someone elses work.  How did I figure it out?

well after I tried everything once again.  unlock before the start, remote start with the key in, my foot pressing the clutch in, and also me jumping the start wire with 12v straight from the bus I followed KPierson's advice and just cut the darn thing.  Sure enough with my foot on the clutch the car started and ran perfect.  A little investigation showed the switch was normally closed.  So i was giving the signal that the clutch was not in even when my foot held it in.

Great Work Team!!

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

First rule of alarms / remote starts - VERIFY EVERYTHING with a meter yourself every car every time.

Tech sheets and service manuals are often wrong!

Glad it was nothing major!

Kevin Pierson
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic