icon

lost viper remote and keys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

No what it's reffering there to is remote control over a function that may have been programmed for a specific button that was not intended for the particular purpose, so if you were to erase all transmitters and re-program new ones the remote would return to default setting and you may have to use a different combination of buttons instead of just one to access the same feture that you used with one button before!

Know i didn't explain it well, but no worries just go right ahead and erase and re-program!  

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
toicy4ya 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

I received the replacement Remote Transmitter for the alarm today. However there's a discrepency, on the Viper 5900 Alarm Manual it states the number of times i need to press the program switch to delete all trasmitters is 14. However on the replacement remote it says I need to press the program 11 times to delete all transmitters. Because my remote was lost i want to make sure im erasing the transmitters correctly before programming the new remote.

Does anyone know the correct number of times i need to press the program 14 or 11?

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
toicy4ya 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2010 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
< size=3 face=OfficinaSans-Book>< size=3 face=OfficinaSans-Book>

These are the instructions listed in the Viper 5900 Installation Manual:

1. Open a door.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position.
3. Within 10 seconds, press and release the Program switch the number of times corresponding to the desired channel listed below. (I believe this is when i press the program switch 14 times to "delete all transitters") Once you have selected the channel, press the switch once more and HOLD it. The LED will flash and the horn will honk (if connected) to confirm the selected channel. Do not release the Program switch.
4. While HOLDING the Valet/Program switch, press the button on the transmitter
that you would like to control the selected receiver channel (im confused with this, i want it set to "auto learn standard configuration (default) how do i do this?). The unit will chirp to confirm that the code has been successfully programmed. It is not possible to teach a transmitter button to the system more than once.
5. Once the code is learned, the Valet/Program switch can be released.
Can someone with experience explain if by pressing the program switch 14 times as listed in step three will delete all transmitters? I want to erase the one that was lost.
Also can someome explain how I can program the replacement remote to "auto learn standard configuration"? < size=3 face=OfficinaSans-Book>< size=3 face=OfficinaSans-Book>

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2010 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

Yes dear pressin the valet switch 14 times will delete all transmitters, although i've never done it before (i always use a bitwriter, makes things alot easier), i'm sure it will, for auto learn, after you've erased the transmitters, turn on the igniion and press the valet switch twice and hold on the second press, when you hear a single chirp from the siren the depress the lock button on the remote, after this you should hear a long chirp. That indicates succes!

toicy4ya 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2010 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone i was able to succesfully program the replacement remote. lost viper remote and keys - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic