icon

50.7x on xj cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ityphill 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all. I have installed a clifford 50.7x on a 1997 xj cherokee,5-speed,4.0. just need a little advice. i cant get the parking light to blink with the system and yes the wire is hooked up to the light switch. also the remote keeps saying door open after every time i arm it.  the remote start dosent work either. now i try the remote start and the relay in the brain clicks 7 times as if the lights where supposed to be blinking witch means the manual trans. mode is enable according to the manual. also the remote says, remote start error. as for the parking lights i have the white wire hooked up to the black and yellow and the black and yellow wire is only hot when i turn the switch on. if i hook the parking light isolation wire up to a positive wire the parking lights stay on all the time and this is only when the white wire is still attachet.  if you need any more info let me know. i really would rather do this myself insted of taking it to a dealer since its already 3/4 the way done.
you say tomato i say tamato
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
all of your problems have to do with improper wiring.
1. the parking lights might have to be isolated to work properly.
2. door open means the alarm is detecting a (-) at the door trigger wire when you arm the system. check to make sure you have the "door trigger" wire does not have (-) all the time.
3.remote start needs programming. see your install manual. third menu, first option set to AUTOMATIC trans.
4. make sure the stand alone "neutral safety switch" is connected to the alarm and turned to the "ON" position.
if you can tell me witch COLOR wires you are using from which harness, i can tell you if maybe u are using the wrong wires.
Hope this helps.
ityphill 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2010 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
ok your right about the door open it was the wrong wire. fixed it. now as for the parking lights how do i isolate them what does this mean exactly. their is an isolation wire on the alarm for the parking lights H1/4 white and brown. Also just to remind you the truck is a manual 5-speed and the remote still dosent work. would the flex relay wires not being hooked up have anything to do with this. i read that the, H3/6 red- H3/9 red and black- H3/2 red and white should all be hooked up to the 12v constant. the flex relay H3/8 pink and black and the flex relay H3/7 pink and white are not hooked up.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2010 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

no need to isolate the circuit.

parking light are BLACK / YELLOW(+) @ headlight switch. make sure you pop open the little door on the 50.7x and put the mini fuse for positive parking lights.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
If manual transmission mode is enabled it won't start unless you put it in reservation mode. So change it to automatic if you don't have a Manual transmission
ityphill 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2010 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
 Ok all this info is very helpful, got the lights to work. I knew that was a door or something but i didnt want to go prying on stuff if i didnt know wut it was their for. Now for the remote start it is a manual so do i put it in mts mode or auto. and how do i exit the menu and save the option can i just wait a minute or will that not save the option.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2010 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Put it in Manual transmission mode. You will need to bypass the clutch with a relay so the truck thinks the clutch is pressed in and allows the starter to engage. After properly bypassing the clutch you will need to put the truck in reservation mode every time you exit the truck to allow the remote start to work. If the vehicle has a manual transmission the proper steps must be followed
before leaving the parked vehicle or the remote start feature is
disabled.
1. Make sure the engine is running and the doors on the vehicle are
closed.
2. Put the transmission in neutral.
3. Press on the brake in the vehicle.
4. Apply the emergency brake.
5. Release the brake.
Note: Pressing the brake pedal again after this step will disable the
remote start feature.
6. Within 15 seconds activate the remote start from the remote.
7. The parking lights flash 5-times confirming that the remote start is
active. If the parking lights do not flash 5-times, then repeat steps
1 - 6.
8. Turn off the ignition (the car stays running when key is turned off).
9. Exit The Vehicle
10. Arm the alarm (the vehicle should shut off when arming the system).
Reference: 50.7 Owners manual found at http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/OG/Clifford/G5702X%202008-08web_small.pdf
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2010 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Not to hijack anyone's thread but i noticed you guys were already talking about the smart start, i have a quick, possibly dumb question, can the smart start work in any part of the world, or is it restricted to the U.S and Canada?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ityphill 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
can i put it in auto mode and bypass the clutch so i can avoid the reservation mode all the time and also how to i bypass it with a relay.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

t&t tech wrote:
Not to hijack anyone's thread but i noticed you guys were already talking about the smart start, i have a quick, possibly dumb question, can the smart start work in any part of the world, or is it restricted to the U.S and Canada?

the smart start is only available in the USA currently.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic