icon

old school equipment

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
irocelcoss 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2010 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, new to forum.  I have a bunch of old school equipment I have had for years.  Currently installing into my El Camino.  I have an Alpine 7998, ERA G320 processor/eq.  2 Orion 225HCCA (gen1) amps, 250HCCA (gen1) amp, Orion 400bdg bridging module, Orion 200CRX crossover, Boston Pro 6.5 component set, Boston Pro 5.25 component set, and 4 JL Audio 10w3v2D4 Subs.  I am running the highs from the 250HCCA in stereo,  and each pair of subs in parallel from each of the 225HCCA in bridged mode creating a 1 ohm load. 

My question is:  How shall I connect the Alpine head unit to the Alpine Eq?  Ai-net cable?  which output from the eq brain shall I send to the Crossover?  Front or Rear I assume.  The ErA g320 doesn't crossover anything right?  I bought just because it looks cool with bouncy lights.

Anyone have any other recommendations with the equip I have listed?  There is no rear stage due to space limitations, Components are in kick panels and doors....

Thanks, 

irocelcoss 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

I decided to try 1 Orion 225HCCA Bridged to all four DVC 10's.  I think this is then running at 1/2 ohm bridged with the 400BDG.   I removed cover off bottom of amp, and ran some cooling fans to it.  Dual Battery setup, 4 guage power and grounds.  This puppy slams for only a 50 watt amp.  Really didn't get hot after 20 mins of pushing it.  Wonder how long it will last before its toast. LOL

ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Interesting! Going against the grain huh? I like it! For a while there, I tried running a 2ch amp bridged @ 2ohm. I replaced all the heat sinks with a bigger, higher quality metal and installed a fan blowing out. At first I could drive half way across the state and back without issues. 1 week later I couldnt run it for about 5 mins before I got the smell of a amp saying, "UH hello, wth are you doing to me". At which point I was forced to replace it. I am trying to get a idea of exactly what your doing here. Sounds like your just screwing around. Which is my prerogative. Whats your overall intention? Have you figured out how to hook up all this equipment?
This is what I do for FUN!
jayson33 
Copper - Posts: 165
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
That amp CAN handle  a 1/4 ohm. I have 2 of them with the manuals.
My wife thinks bagging a truck means you kick it in the truck nuts

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic