icon

elemental designs nine.2 or ppi pc275?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2010 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
I would like some pros opinions on wich one of these amps would be better to pair with my new xtant/morel 28mm soft dome tweeters .They are 100 watts rms and will be ran fully active.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  
You get a electronic x-over? I was going to ask if you've seen the diversity those things have for bi-amped systems.
This is what I do for FUN!
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Yep,I have an arc audio eqx idx combo kit.As far as diversity goes in biamped systems I dont know if im familiar with what your saying.This will actually be a 3 amp system consisting of 800x1@4ohm (re audio 1600.2 v2) for my subs (2 re audio 12's 300watts rms 4ohm dvc)20-70hz, For my mids (xtant/morel 4" 4ohm dsc.2 300-4000hz)and either (mpyre 6.5"mids 4ohm and 150watts rms or peerless sls 6.5's also 4ohm and 100wattsrms for the 70-300hz range,they will be powered by an re audio 1600.4 v2 that is 100 watt rms per channel.And you already know my tweeters set up idea.I am going to install all of this next week in my 2003 dodge ram p/u.
Are you familiar with mpyre mids? ,i did alot of searching on these and they are said to be a phenomenal mid bass,I got them in a trade for my dayton rs 150's .If you could elaborate more on the diversity you speak of that would be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance!!!
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
A short while back I got a hold of a 3-way electronic-XO. It had all the settings like: x10kHz variable high pass line out-selector(owns for tweeter dedicated amps), variable High and Low bandpass line out-selector. Sub-blah-blah. The thing worked like a charm. Soooo much easier than making adjustments on the active side. I dunno, its been days since I have played around with one of these and was glad I had the chance to see it in action... I wasnt sure if you were using one of these or not.   
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  
Oh about the mpyre's... Those things are brutal enough to run the SQ subsonic frequency's out of phase. I have not personally had a chance to see what "needs" the thing requires to operate at capacity. I wouldnt be surprised if 3/4" MDF and bracing was required.   I just havnt come around to a speaker moving that much air, and still bringing quality.   DLS has made some interesting mid-basses too. Just hard to get it to blend with the low's.
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
A short while back I got a hold of a 3-way electronic-XO. It had all the settings like: x10kHz variable high pass line out-selector(owns for tweeter dedicated amps), variable High and Low bandpass line out-selector. Sub-blah-blah. The thing worked like a charm. Soooo much easier than making adjustments on the active side. I dunno, its been days since I have played around with one of these and was glad I had the chance to see it in action... I wasnt sure if you were using one of these or not.   
I do have an eq with all of those features you speak of ,I am installing my new gear first and then i will set that up.thanks for the help.
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
Oh about the mpyre's... Those things are brutal enough to run the SQ subsonic frequency's out of phase. I have not personally had a chance to see what "needs" the thing requires to operate at capacity. I wouldnt be surprised if 3/4" MDF and bracing was required.   I just havnt come around to a speaker moving that much air, and still bringing quality.   DLS has made some interesting mid-basses too. Just hard to get it to blend with the low's.
I plan on using the 3/4" mdf adapter in my doors,they are completely sealed and deadened.I also plan on using a 7" deflex pad behind those things to take away some of the resonance.It will be interesting to see how they do Ive been told that set up properly they could be one of the best mid bass drivers made.
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2010 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
Holly friggin crap! Can that Arc preamp cook breakfast too? Dam!
1 last thing... why 100w on the tweets?
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2010 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
Holly friggin crap! Can that Arc preamp cook breakfast too? Dam!
1 last thing... why 100w on the tweets?
actually I decided to run only 50 watts to them with an old school ppi pc250.I did my homework about the subject and the majority of people said the same as you:why 100 watts to the tweets.They recommended about half that.That arc pre amp set is really nice its an eq and crossover that you can combine with one faceplate,has tons of settings and features as far as making breakfast ill have to check the manual!!!lol
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
Good show! Thanks for introducing that Arc *wonder component*. I wasnt aware that they made such a device.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic