icon

2003 explorer alarm disarm wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bimmerman86 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2010 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Dont have factory alarm remote and installed Clifford Matrix alarm. All diagrams say alarm disarm is the GREEN/ purple; but, I found three GREEN/ purple wires in the bundle by the the kick panel.  One was a larger gauge wire than the other two so I used that one. Sporatically, factory alarm goes off after door is opened or goes ff for no reason and only stops with key in the ignition. Any ideas?
bimmerman86 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2010 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Installed Clifford alarm. There are 3 GREEN/ purple wires in the bundle. Used the larger gauge wire of the three. Factory alarm still goes off randomly (when doors opened). Only shuts off with key in ignition. No factory remote. Bought new remote, did not work. Any ideas for disarm wire???
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  

sound slike you are just blindly connecting wires.

are you testing any of your wires?

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
boxhead78 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

if you have a test light or meter check all three wires and one should be a negative wire that will be it

boxead78
bimmerman86 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Wow!!! blindly connecting wires?!? thanks, dude. yes I checked them and all were negative. I went through the diagrams and did not see what the other 2 wires are for. The car had the same factory alarm problems before.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

you mentioned 3 wires in the kick and you decided to use the larger gauge wire of the 3. now that sounds like blindly connecting wires.

heres how to check it PROPERLY. if you are just looking for a wire that is resting at ground, you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

take your DMM(hope your using one) set DMM to 20vdc, red probe to constant 12v, black to wire you are testing.

take the key and turn it in the driver door to test the wire. If you turn it to unlock, the wire should go to ground and the meter will read 12-14vdc.

Ted
Compustar Expert
bimmerman86 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

A DMM??? is that one of those watcha-ma-call-its? with the if-ya-whatsas??? oh yeah! Wow! why didn't I think of... wait! wait! wait! I diiiiiiiid! look dude, the remarks are not really helping, ok? yes, i tried what you said and all 3 gave no results. The GREEN/ purple wires are the only three in the bundles that I could find and all 3 go all the way to the CSM. The problem with the factory alarm is not constant as far as when it does goes off.

tedmond 
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
not sure where you got your wiring diagram from but fortin says Dark Blue/Orange (-)  @ DKP Harness leading to rear.
Ted
Compustar Expert
bimmerman86 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I'll try that tomorrow. GREEN/ purple is what every diagram/ chart I could find on 2003 Explorer says. Even the one on this website.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2010 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

I have found it easier to get this wire GREEN/ purple (-) in the drivers door boot. It isnt in the kick panel. Most Fords harnesses from the door split behind the E-brake and some wires go up into the dash and some down thru to the DKP. Hope this helps.

By the way, I dont think tedmond was being rude. As I read your first post I thought the same thing he did. Next time maybe just put in there that you tested all the GREEN/ purples and didnt find what you needed and you wont have to worry about it.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic