adding to empty bcm pins?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wuzcrackin 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
2006 Nissan Maxima, DLPK, Viper 5301
The DLPK instructions say to add the lock and unlock wire to two empty pins on the bcm, to control door locks and oem alarm. How do I add wires to empty pins on the bcm?
Also, for example...where the dlpk manual says to hook the tach wire straight to the remote start....do I just connect the tach wire on the DLPK to the tach wire on the remote start and the DLPK automatically gets the info through the bcm? So if I understand correctly the DLPK keeps me from running a physical wire to the ignition coils, as well as a bunch of other stuff?
wuzcrackin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Somebody has to know the answer to this. I even called Nissan to see if they sell the empty pins and they don't. The DLPK is the recommended bypass from DEI, I just can't get past this bcm question. Is there another way for me to do this?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
some installers for lack of a better phrase, " jam" the aftermarket wires into thos pins and ziptie those wires to adjacent ones as tight as possible to keep them from moving.  I wouldn't rely on the tach from the dlpk.  You can try it but your best bet would be to run a tach wire in the vehicle.  I thought the dlpk was for 07 and up on sentras.  I used a dlpk on an 07 and I ran a tach wire to avoid any issues.  It worked out just fine.  I also got the security light at the gauge cluster
Advanced
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

strip and jam the wire into the bcm. you can riptie then tape to make sure it doesnt  move.

Or depin the wirenext to it, insert wire into empty pin, and heat shrink the 2 wires together.

run a dedicated tach wire to a true tach source. the tach output on any module is unreliable in my opinion.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
wuzcrackin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks fellas. I guess I'll try jamming it in there, that way I don't really risk messing anything up too bad. I might just end up taking it in somewhere.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

Strip enough insulation back, push the wire all the way through the opening of the plug, until there is about half an inch of copper sticking out.,and fold the extra copper back around the plug., making sure the 2 wires can't touch each other. Plug it back in...the extra copper around the plug will make it so the wire will not easily pull out. Or, buy an Idatalink module.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Take a few extra minutes and run the wires in to the drivers door.  Then, you'll be able to do remote window up and remote window down, as well as lock, unlock, arm, and disarm.

You also won't have to worry about jamming wires in to open slots.

Kevin Pierson
wuzcrackin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

Take a few extra minutes and run the wires in to the drivers door.   Then, you'll be able to do remote window up and remote window down, as well as lock, unlock, arm, and disarm.

You also won't have to worry about jamming wires in to open slots.

I had pretty much quit, but I'm going to give this a try tomorrow. I appreciate your help.
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

Another option might be to purchase a replacement plug(either from a parts place or junk yard), carefully depin it, and then insert the the pin you need in the spot you need it.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
I've actually had good luck, at least sometimes, with the tach output from those modules. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try and see how well it works.
Anyway, here's an old post with some pics of jamming the wires into the holes on the BCM:
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=10529
You might consider, after you get the wires into a position that works, a little tiny drop of super glue to hold them in place.
Hint: Don't apply the glue until you're really sure the wires are in the right spot, and working correctly.
Other hint: Put just a little drop, so it's enough to hold the wires, but not so strong that you can't pull the wires back out if you need to.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic