icon

99 jeep cherokee sport wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
souljah972 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

Im hooking up an Autopage Rf- 425 in my friends 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport and we are having the problem that it wont start when unarmed but it will start when its armed, I hooked a starter kill relay just how it states in the manual but when i disconnect the starter wires from the relay and connect them back to each other it starts when unarmed again.

Another issue, we found the door trigger YELLOW (-) hooked up the negative wire from the Alarm to it  and it sometimes goes off when we open the doors and sometimes does not. When we had the DMM on our YELOW wire and tested each door the passenger showed .01 and each door after that it went up all the way to .06.  We are probably just going to find the wire from the dome light and hook up the alarms trigger wire to that.

Also we cannot figure out how to wire the locks and unlocks I've read we need to use the five wire diagraham but on the Vehicle Wiring Diagraham sheet Its giving me for different colors for lock and unlocks we dont know which to use. He is on a budget so and we have plenty of relays and extra wire so we want to go this route. Just need some help figuiring it out.

Door Lock ORANGE / Purple (-)  Driver's Kick Panel 
Door Unlock Pink/Purple (-)  Must use Relays 
Driver's Lock Blue   
Driver's Unlock Blue/Red 

Live For The Music
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

On the starter kill circuit, it sounds like you have the wires from the relay to the cars cut starter wire reversed.

The door locks are Type B (-).  Locate the correct wires and test with DMM.  ( Your listed colors are correct. )  After you have found the correct wires you should be able verify them by taking a wire attached to chasis ground and touching the Lock or UnLock wire to actuate the locks.  The R/S's door lock outputs might be 200ma and require a relay to handle the cars current draw.

The yellow door trigger wire should be in a gray 2 pin plug.

Soldering is fun!
souljah972 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
I cant find a diagraham on how to wire up type b(-)  locks and unlocks.
Live For The Music
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Did you find the correct lock and unlock wires?  Did you verify them with a DMM (with the doors closed )?  Did you test them with a jumper to ground as posted previously?

The AutoPage R/S has built in relays.  You can connect directly to the vehicles lock & unlock wires.

Wire R/S as follows:  3 Wire Negative system on Page 7 in installation guide.

6 Pin Connector          --->          Jeep

Violet & Violet/Red goes to fuse and then to chasis ground.

Light Blue    goes to      Pink/Purple ( unlock )

Light Green    goes to      ORANGE / Purple ( lock )

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: April 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the Installation Guide:   http://carmedia1.com/pdf/RF425LCD.pdf

Soldering is fun!
souljah972 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot i am going to try this and get back to you thanks!
Live For The Music
souljah972 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

oh yeah do i hook this up to the drivers main lock and unlock and it will controll all the doors or do i need to do all doors?

Live For The Music
kreg357 
Posted: April 13, 2010 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
The R/S's Lock and UnLock outputs will connect to the correct wires in the Jeeps Driver Kick Panel and should control all doors.
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic