icon

viper 5301 flashes hids, make it stop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toby12188 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, i've got a question. I have a nissan maxima with HID fog/headlights, and i just got a viper 5301 keyless/remote start installed in it. At night my headlights come on automatically. Any time i use the viper remote when my headlights are on, it flashes them off for a half second or so and then they come back on, even though i've disconnected the wire that controls the parking lights. As i'm sure most of you know this is EXTREMELY bad for the HIDs, and i want it to stop! Does anyone have any ideas as to why they would still be flashing even with a disconnected parking light wire? Any ideas are appreciated!
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
BTW it was installed by Best Buy and he used a DLPK xpresskit bypass, although I know my way around wiring these things.
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2010 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
What year Maxima?
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
Oh sorry, it's a 2004
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe there's a way I could use a relay to suppress the 'auto' setting while the car is running off the remote start?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
toby12188 wrote:
Maybe there's a way I could use a relay to suppress the 'auto' setting while the car is running off the remote start?
* the auto settings of my headlights
If there's a wire for each setting (auto, parking lights, and on)
I was thinking since the installer made it so that my radio comes on with the remote start I could re-purpose that wire (or an aux output i suppose) to control a relay to disconnect the wire that tells my car to automatically turn the headlights on and off (if such a wire exists, i don't know exactly how the stalk is wired). Seem plausible?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
I've read about this in another forum and if I remember correctly it's the data bypass causing the issue (the dlpk). Removing this and installing the remote start without it will require you to give up a valet key and a fair amount of wiring work.
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
does the relay seem plausible? Best buy soldered all the wires they installed (nightmare for me to properly remove) and on top of that, i'd have to buy another pricey part. Since i'm gonna be doing this myself seems like i could easily end up causing more harm than good.. any thoughts?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

and I only have one key, so i'd have to pay $75 or so for a new key and for the stealership to program another.

I didn't do it. *nodnod*
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
The relay might work? It's worth a try. I also would try unplugging the dlpk with the park light wire connected and the park light switch in the off position. If the hids still flash when using the remote then your screwed. I'm not all that familiar with the hid systems. Are you sure it's bad for them to flash? I own a 2002 Acura RL with factory hids that flash when the factory alarm goes off. Just a thought.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic