icon

intellistart 4, starting problem, 00 peugeot 306

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2010 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Either terminal 21 or 22 rear of inst. panel wire numbers 426 or 427.
Test with a DMM with engine running, black lead to ground (earth) red lead as ptobe, set to AC volts, should read 2.5 volts AC increasing slightly as you rev up.
3oh6 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Howie, sorry for the late reply, I've been away on holiday. Anyway, I used the tach wire you suggested and it seems ok :)
I got the Intellistart working now, I just bought another one (used), plugged it in and it worked straight away, so I'm guessing maybe the Wizard software messed up my old one or something?
I do have a few questions though - after I remotely start the car with the Intellistart, if I press the arm/disarm button (little padlock one), it just disarms the alarm, it doesn't unlock the doors (I have to do it manually with the key). Is that right? It unlocks and locks fine if not using the Intellistart.
Also, I read about the autostart thing where the car starts up when the battery voltage or temperature falls below a preset level. Do you know where the temperature gets sensed from?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Can't answer that, I haven't had the problem with the locks, did you use the motor wires at the BSI box?.
Never successfully programmed the voltage/temp sensor!
3oh6 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks Howie, I tapped into the lock & unlock wires under the fusebox on the drivers side, one was yellow and the other green I think. The car seems to shut off the central locking system whenever the engine is going, almost like it cuts the feed off or something. Would you know how I might get around that?
Thinking about it now, before I had the alarm fitted I used to try and leave the car running with one set of keys, and lock it with the other (not a good idea, I know lol), the central locking never worked then either, had to do it manually with the key in the door. What I'm saying is, I'm sure it's the car, not the alarm/remote start.
One other thing - is it possible to do the safestart thing without starting the engine? I mean, if you pull up somewhere and just turn the engine off and arm the car like usual, can you get the remote start ready to go without having to get back in the car, start the engine and do the safestart thing? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question :)
Thanks again
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2010 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Go above the fuse/BSI box, square black plug on the left, use the motor wires so redo the locking from type "B" neg to 5 wire, installation guide will show you how, that will remove the problem.
Second question, the answer is NO.
3oh6 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help Howie, much appreciated, you've been a great help! :)
Do you have any experience with the Clifford Callguard unit? Seems rather handy, but it's only really someone like yourself you would truly know :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged  
In all seriousness, what's your car worth?
3oh6 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged  
Not an awful amount to be honest, it's more about the convenience of the added range via sms over the gsm network really.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  
Too many mods, relays, extra remote needed plus a new unused sim card to make it effective. Not cost effective from a labour point of view.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic