icon

most effective kill for a manual?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Howie is not only a very clever and experienced installer etc, but also fast on the edits.
My notification clearly says ""...done to eath before... which is not only a clever ambiguous spelling error - ie, death & earth - whereby not only do those two words have certain commonality in certain primitive cultures, but are clearly a criticism of my earthing (aka grounding) technique.
However, Howie does add that HE would probably get around <any method> within 5-10 minutes. Of that I have no doubt!
But killers & immobilisers that CUT power take less than a minute.
So it depends what you are protecting against.
My system used to be the removal of the distributor rotor. Even if people knew what sort it was, would they be carrying a spare?
Nowadays I have a 2-way remote paging system. It's wired to a standard auto-destruct (as used in space ships, ocean going vessels, aircraft and automobiles should they find parasitic aliens on board or hurtle uncontrolled).
I too sense that the principle and simplicity of the method I am taking of is not understood.
By no method can be visible. The difference between a visible & invisible power cut however may be zero if standard bridging techniques are used - ie - a few seconds under the bonnet or dash. A hidden short however may take minutes or not be found (is it grounding the coil. or an ECU sensor etc under the seat?).
Howie - I shall investigate if that colorful changeling reptilian has bit-bucketed that %1000000 in its feeble divide & conquer attempt. I find it too coincidental that it was a d = 1,000,000 and not another letter that was targeted. And spelling mistakes from you are out of the question! Keep it up good buddy!
PS - by coincidence I just found mp3car: timed relay.... keeping voltage when origional connection broken...... maybe that has something?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
Damn you Peter, though I edited it immediately! Actually I was going into the lounge to watch episodes 1-4 on my DVR! The Brasilian Goddess who's the lead baddie, will she EVER do a TV series that isn't Ski Fi (Firefly, Stargate etc.)? By the way, Ski Fi channel becoming SyFi?
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  
Wot?
Was Stargate SciFi?
I thought is was a documentary - just like X-Files.
Blessed are the Ori. And to think she was born from Australia's own Farscape (meaning her SG1 mother ClaudiaBlack) with yet another SG1 commander.
Are they Lizards in this remake too?
Gotta love the references to the Mus.... . Youth though. (Too many Lerts, no Larms - but plenty of Merkans.) most effective kill for a manual? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 5:05 AM / IP Logged  
That's it, Farscape was the TV series, Firefly the movie. I'll email you with how I shafted Murdoch's minions.
I was trying to remember Claudia, she was also in that wacked out series, can't remember its name but the lead actor from that series of Stargate was also in it.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
Do you mean Ben Browder?
And do you mean Firefly the Series and Serenity the movie?
Enuff Wine-ing already!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Good lord you're even more anal than me!
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ah - but I got relief thanks to Lexx's sanitary system.
Besides, I looked it up.... Farscape started off.... well, it was a kiddie show. But later it had its charms....
But those oldies have nothing on the fiction & humor available these days. I wonder what today's news is?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
To answer  the original question, either ignition or fuel will keep the vehicle from starting.  If you had a way to interrupt the flow of O2 into the intake, that would work too.  But the fuel or the ignition would be easier and both will work the same.  It has to have fuel and a spark to start.  Either will be just as effective as the other.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
But we are into HOW.
IE - power cutting is easily defeated. That leaves ignition as that is easy to short without damage.
Same with any earthed or passive sensor that is required to run the car (which - for fuel pumps - may include oil switches in older cars before they figured the error of that!)
As Howard said, this thread is getting circular.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic