icon

2010 rav4 keyless entry wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pkwun98 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone provide the wiring locations for the keyless entry buttons?

I want to use the OEM keyless entry buttons as inputs to activate/deactivate an alarm system, the Viper 330V alarm.

I understand these locations are isolated/differnent from the wires for the door lock/unlock switches and key lock/unlock.  

Thanks,

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2010 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  

you can do that.

just program the viper if it can be programmed to disarm on unlock if a puse is received.

take the input leads and connect them to your lock and unlock wires on the car. that way if you use the oem fob, your aftermarket alarm is still functional.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
pkwun98 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2010 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

I thought about that initially.  But...

There's a problem. When I lock/unlock with the keyless entry buttons, the following wires (and adjacent wires on the 2 plugs) don't  generate a (-)pulse:

LOCK Pink On white plug in driver's kickpanel - (This is for key-on-door lock)

UNLOCK Blue (double pulse) On white plug in driver's kickpanel - (This is key-on-door unlock)

So I think the wiring for the keyless entry buttons are isolated from the door cylinder key actions.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2010 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

you will need to go to the motor wires in the door then.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2010 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
You need to use the motor wires. The lock and unlock are in the DKP with the wires coming from the door, the defeat wire is in the BCM, top left plug.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
pkwun98 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

Are the motor wires the same as the door lock and unlock switch wires? I tested these wires also. they  g enerate a pulse with the switches but not with the keyless entry buttons.

Actually I believe I tested all of the wires coming from the driver door in the DKP and didn't find a pulse by pressing the keyless entry buttons.

For the defeat wire, i was planning to use the door unlock switch wire mentioned above. But that was before i realized the keyless entry button wires are isolated/separate from the door lock/unlock switch wires.  Can you  provide more info on the BCM for the defeat wire and on the motor wires?  

Thanks for your responses.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic