icon

upgrade from viper 560xv to 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vicvolt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
I tried as you suggested trini (I'm 1 2) the results are the same and something that's strange even though the system shows that it's set to automatic, it's only with the neutral safety sw and ground connected can I get thus far as explained in my previous post. "Could it be that I received a faulty 5901 brain"?
Learning is unending and as such the knowledge acquired. Vic
vicvolt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Hey t&t t, sorry for the somewhat abrupt drop in the communication; I had to rush away. I tried your suggestion but nothing happened, anyway since I've gotten back I purchased a bypass (tbxkey) installed it and the results are the same so I must have done something incorrectly or possibly my truck has a problem with the electrical (I'm beginning to think)as a matter of fact one of the reasons for the upgrade is whenever I used the remote start (56xt) and I stepped on the brake I lost all dashboard and tail lights and would have to use the light switch to restore illumination. I purchased a new 5901 system (gave the other one to my son, it's not yet installed) installed it in my truck and I'm at the same place as before, any other thoughts from you or anyone else is sincerely appreciated.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Mind listing what wires you have connected to what?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
vicvolt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2010 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hello t&tec, I'm finally able to reply more so it's good news so I won't have to list the colors; everything is working great at present. My job had me out of town again so as I got back a couple of days ago I decided to check with an installer, he looked at the work that I did and said everything I did was correct (he actually said the work I did was great) he then started with some of the unused wires and came to a conclusion in about 3-5 mins there was 1 more connection needed, made a test with the wire his knowledge said it was and bingo my truck started remotely, it seems that the RED / blk wire (pin 9 conn. H3) had to be connected to 12 volts (no punt intended) as explained this was necessary for the starter. I sincerely thank you for taking the time to try to help me. So long til the next problem.
vicvolt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2010 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
ooppss, sorry about the user name t&tec, I've got it now t&t tech.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic